Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 11:25 PM

30,462 posts, read 17,882,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
What a coincidence! We are both vegan and rarely have this sort of thing but it's the same brand but made from cashew cream. Salted caramel cluster. My wife served a scoop over her carrot cake. Very good!
That's the third nut I forgot! I was told to try the cashew in addition to the coconut cream. I will definitely try that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 11:26 PM

306 posts, read 541,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So I'm lactose intolerant and prefer not to consume items with dairy as a result. While I'm not a crazy fan of sweets, I occasionally do have a craving for something sweet.

I've recently tried and have enjoyed this coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream by So Delicious. I've found this brand at Whole Foods, but will have to see if I can find it at the commissary for cheaper ......

Does anyone else like/eat non-dairy ice cream?

I LOVE various non-dairy ice-creams and don't consume any dairy at all. So Delicious is my favorite brand, but their line of ice-cream bars are what I really like. They are in either coconut or almond, and I recently had one with cashew milk which was AMAZING!! (attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Non-Dairy Ice Cream-so-delicious-cashewmilk.jpg  

Old 04-21-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieLane View Post
I stopped eating dairy years ago. So I have explored none dairy options in ice cream. Halva Ice Cream is really good and is vegan. There are a variety of flavors as well.
Do they have Halva Ice Cream at Whole Foods? Where do you buy that at?

Old 04-21-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What about Talenti?
I don't eat non-dairy products but occassionally try some when visiting friends.
I love Talenti, but never tried their non-dairy ice cream...
Adding this to the list! I haven't seen it but will look for it the next time I go shopping.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I like the So Delicious brand ( coconut milk) ice cream, but it does lack some creaminess.
I find that if you let it sit for 20-30 minutes, it becomes VERY creamy. To the point where I seriously can't tell that its not dairy.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:38 PM

127,583 posts, read 11,762,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I find that if you let it sit for 20-30 minutes, it becomes VERY creamy. To the point where I seriously can't tell that its not dairy.
Thanks, I will try that.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:16 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,677,696 times
I like Rice Dream strawberry ice cream, Tofutti vanilla, and Almond Dream chocolate. Be warned that Tofutti chocolate has no flavor or any sort! On the other hand, Tofutti sells nondairy ice-cream sandwiches in Wild Berry that are out of this world.

I wish the producers of nondairy ice cream would start producing more interesting flavors. Bear in mind there are a lot of recipes you can make yourself at places like Allrecipes and Pinterest. I just found one for peach ice cream that doesn't require any weird ingredients and no ice-cream maker, either.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 PM

338 posts, read 306,929 times
I LOVE non dairy ice cream. I just wish I could find mint chocolate chip somewhere, without having to make it. I prefer old-school, traditional flavors. Ben and Jerry's have too much going on.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:42 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,677,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I LOVE non dairy ice cream. I just wish I could find mint chocolate chip somewhere, without having to make it. I prefer old-school, traditional flavors. Ben and Jerry's have too much going on.

So Delicious nondairy ice cream comes in mint chocolate chip. So does Almond Dream brand. If your local stores carry wither of those brands you could ask them to order the mint chocolate chip...

Old 04-25-2019, 04:07 PM

338 posts, read 306,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
So Delicious nondairy ice cream comes in mint chocolate chip. So does Almond Dream brand. If your local stores carry wither of those brands you could ask them to order the mint chocolate chip...
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink