U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 06:33 PM

7,103 posts, read 9,307,651 times

Advertisements

Negative perspiration!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 05:26 PM

12,236 posts, read 1,694,772 times
My favorite is So Delicious cashew milk...bars or pints, YUM!

Old 05-01-2019, 10:39 AM

16,332 posts, read 16,444,934 times
Doesn't it have to have cream in it to qualify as ice-CREAM?

Old 05-01-2019, 11:00 AM

2,994 posts, read 1,996,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So I'm lactose intolerant and prefer not to consume items with dairy as a result. While I'm not a crazy fan of sweets, I occasionally do have a craving for something sweet.

I've recently tried and have enjoyed this coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream by So Delicious. I've found this brand at Whole Foods, but will have to see if I can find it at the commissary for cheaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcpP6kepdBg

Does anyone else like/eat non-dairy ice cream?
If it's non-dairy, then it is technically not 'ice cream.'

Enjoy your non-dairy frozen treat!

Old 05-31-2019, 07:28 PM

11,412 posts, read 6,180,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Thanks, I will try that.
How'd it work out for you?

Old 06-02-2019, 04:28 PM

55,592 posts, read 54,202,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So I'm lactose intolerant and prefer not to consume items with dairy as a result. While I'm not a crazy fan of sweets, I occasionally do have a craving for something sweet.

I've recently tried and have enjoyed this coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream by So Delicious. I've found this brand at Whole Foods, but will have to see if I can find it at the commissary for cheaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcpP6kepdBg

Does anyone else like/eat non-dairy ice cream?
Not as a rule, but a company I worked for a couple of years ago had a holiday party at a kosher steakhouse. There were brownies with vanilla "ice cream" for dessert, and I was a bit leery because I knew it couldn't have been made with dairy products, but it was really good!

Old 06-03-2019, 08:24 AM

9,022 posts, read 9,449,228 times
I almost never bought ice cream when I was still eating dairy, now I buy some of the non dairy kind every week. Ben & Jerry's are my favorite, the Cherry Garcia is amazing. Also love So Delicious and a few flavors by Halotop and NadaMoo.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:51 AM

6,855 posts, read 3,806,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c charlie View Post
I haven't noticed that here, but I haven't been looking.

Sounds terrific, the kind of thing a posh chef would think of. I'll keep a look out.. Made with coconut cream? Would taste great ,as coconut cream has a high fat content. ("fat is flavour")--I just looked it up: 24 gm of fat per 100gm of coconut cream.

Here we have a lot of 'iced confections'.They look and taste like ice cream. However, by law here a product must have a certain percentage of butter fat before it may be called 'ice cream'
Whether these things "look and taste like ice cream" is a matter of opinion; what is not a matter of opinion is calling them ice cream. I don't believe they are permitted to be called ice cream anywhere in the civilized world but that does not stop those who buy and eat them from using the misnomer. Kind of like those who call margarine butter.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:04 PM

1,096 posts, read 226,555 times
I've made a vegan ice cream by grinding together overripe frozen bananas and frozen chunks of coconut cream with a potato masher. You can put the mix in a gallon freeze bag and futz around with it every so often to get it smooth.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:17 PM

6,855 posts, read 3,806,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
I've made a vegan ice cream by grinding together overripe frozen bananas and frozen chunks of coconut cream with a potato masher. You can put the mix in a gallon freeze bag and futz around with it every so often to get it smooth.
That may be some kind of frozen something but it's not ice cream by any definition of the term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or