U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

9,347 posts, read 4,703,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds both have foam cups....one place has a DD logo in pink/orange and the other place has a yellow letter M on the sign. Both usually have drive thrus and long lines. You should try them, they are pretty popular places.
McDonalds doesn't have foam anymore.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...ckaging-2018-1

And they're on their way out at DD.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/02/07/new...ups/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM
Status: "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..." (set 23 days ago)

36,376 posts, read 41,285,548 times
I've never been a straw user.

Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Status: "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..." (set 23 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds both have foam cups....one place has a DD logo in pink/orange and the other place has a yellow letter M on the sign. Both usually have drive thrus and long lines. You should try them, they are pretty popular places.
The majority of gas stations /convenience stores as well.

Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
McDonalds doesn't have foam anymore.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...ckaging-2018-1

They're not there, yet.

The local ones here are def still using foam cups, though they have a paper sleeve wraparound glued to the foam so it's not as apparent at a glance. They are probably using up their backstock. But they absolutely have a foam core.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

9,347 posts, read 4,703,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
They're not there, yet.

The local ones here are def still using foam cups, though they have a paper sleeve wraparound glued to the foam so it's not as apparent at a glance. They are probably using up their backstock. But they absolutely have a foam core.
We must go through coffee cups faster in my area then. I haven't seen foam in ages.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

4,196 posts, read 5,197,303 times
I've used wood or paper straws in Panera? maybe..

They held up fine in the cold stuff..

Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM

71,214 posts, read 82,607,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
When I was in elementary school we got paper straws with our milk at lunch. If I close my eyes, I can still taste the paper. The tip would get soggy and we'd have to tear off about a half inch to get to some dry paper. I hope the new ones are better than that.
I don't know if you lived in L.A. at that time but I was raised in L.A. I don't remember the anything tasting like paper.

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM

13,348 posts, read 7,049,684 times
I just use a sippy cup.

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

3,913 posts, read 7,432,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know if you lived in L.A. at that time but I was raised in L.A. I don't remember the anything tasting like paper.

We had the paper straws in Pasadena, but I am younger than you.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,019,029 times
I remember paper straws from the 50s & 60s they were formed of an overlapping spiral of paper and waxed so they didn't fall apart. Narrow white straws for school milk or
wide red and white stripe paper straws for sodas and milkshakes. They held up well. Even for shooting spitballs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink