U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 02:45 PM

14,380 posts, read 9,464,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I've never been a straw user.
So you've never eaten at ANY fast food place? The cup needs the lid to stay together. How do you drink from it without the lid, especially when driving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 03:02 PM

9,355 posts, read 4,710,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So you've never eaten at ANY fast food place? The cup needs the lid to stay together.
Huh?

Quote:
How do you drink from it without the lid, especially when driving?
You drink from it without the lid like you do any other cup or glass. And not everyone drinks when driving.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:03 PM

36,654 posts, read 44,980,968 times
Quote:
Have you tried the new sustainable straws? It begins to soften in 5 sips and feels downright gross after 5 min. I am not against trying something new but this is 2019. Can't they come up with something that doesn't disintegrate while you are using it.
I went to a restaurant that used “compostable” straws. They seemed like normal plastic and did not break down at all during use. I do not know what they meant by compostable, but it sounds good. It is a vegetarian, crunchy granola type place, so I imagine they did their research.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:33 PM

39,939 posts, read 39,457,754 times
I had one recently, it seemed to last long enough to get through my meal, didn't really notice too much of a difference.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:59 PM

561 posts, read 158,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds both have foam cups....one place has a DD logo in pink/orange and the other place has a yellow letter M on the sign. Both usually have drive thrus and long lines. You should try them, they are pretty popular places.
A. I don't go there, especially not for coffee, and B. I wouldn't consider them "coffee shops." But you can go ahead and go there for me if you want (take your snark with you).

Old 05-06-2019, 06:32 PM

9,370 posts, read 4,386,310 times
Quote:
So you've never eaten at ANY fast food place? The cup needs the lid to stay together. How do you drink from it without the lid, especially when driving?

What do you mean "The cup needs the lid to stay together"?

Old 05-06-2019, 07:08 PM

14,380 posts, read 9,464,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What do you mean "The cup needs the lid to stay together"?
I don't know about you but the soda cups at McDonald's and elsewhere collapse when I grab them. The lid acts as a reinforcing agent. And forget about carry out without the lid. I can't speak for others.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:27 PM

9,520 posts, read 3,731,256 times
Quote:
You're not talking about eating at a fast food place. You're talking about ordering your meal, and consuming it while driving in your car.

And frankly, we need to curtail that because that's dangerous.

Maybe banning straws will cause a revolution. Sit down and take 10 minutes to eat your meal in the restaurant, or take your meal home and eat it there.

There's no need whatsoever for a straw in either scenario.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:39 PM

3,250 posts, read 1,515,376 times
Quote:
Have you tried the new sustainable straws? It begins to soften in 5 sips and feels downright gross after 5 min. I am not against trying something new but this is 2019. Can't they come up with something that doesn't disintegrate while you are using it.
Are "sustainable straws" nothing more than how straws began ... spiral wound paper? I remember they used to get soggy too, but might've taken more than 5 sips.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:41 PM

9,370 posts, read 4,386,310 times
Quote:
I don't know about you but the soda cups at McDonald's and elsewhere collapse when I grab them. The lid acts as a reinforcing agent. And forget about carry out without the lid. I can't speak for others.

Bring along your own sippy cup and pour your drink in that. Even safer and more sturdy. That plastic lid isn't staying on the plastic cup if you tip it over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink