U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:22 AM

1,134 posts, read 267,671 times

Advertisements

As others have said, we simply don't cook things we dislike. However, I love homemade Worcestershire, but dislike grating fresh horseradish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:56 AM

5,620 posts, read 4,049,230 times
Christmas dinner with all the traditional trimmings. Two days of work and all gone in 1/2 an hour.

My family would never be happy with a non-traditional Christmas meal, so I bite the bullet when it's my turn to host it.

Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM

26,068 posts, read 5,396,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Christmas dinner with all the traditional trimmings. Two days of work and all gone in 1/2 an hour.

My family would never be happy with a non-traditional Christmas meal, so I bite the bullet when it's my turn to host it.

Can't you buy part of it? The turkey? Or some sides? So you can enjoy the day???

Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

71,272 posts, read 82,654,337 times
There are very few things I do not enjoy cooking and eating. I think, if I had to pick one or two, it would be meatloaf as it seems mine do not always turn out well and I do not like the grating part of horse radish, lemon zest or ginger. Otherwise I just can' think of a thing..

Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM

224 posts, read 34,182 times
I don't make anything that calls for deep frying, yet I love most things deep fried. And I hate cooking fish, but could eat it 4-5 days a week.
I save all things I hate to cook for eating out and enjoy them all the more being served.

Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM

8,791 posts, read 2,828,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldino View Post
for whatever reason

i would say onions as when I cut them I usually get water eyed.

I never cook anything unless it is among my most favorite items. Keep the onions out away from under your eyes, when cutting them. The fumes rapidly rise straight up. Fresh onions in the fall, are much worse for stinging the eyes.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

6,221 posts, read 3,893,303 times
I dislike cooking large pieces of meat like a roast or a turkey, but have to do it sometimes for family dinners. I especially dislike dealing with the leftovers from a large piece of meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Keep the onions out away from under your eyes, when cutting them. The fumes rapidly rise straight up. Fresh onions in the fall, are much worse for stinging the eyes.
Don't open your mouth while chopping onions. Close your mouth before you cut into the first one and don't open it again, not to talk to anyone, not to breathe. I learned this only recently and wish I'd known it 30 years ago; my eyes have not stung or watered since.

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM

3,474 posts, read 2,334,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldino View Post
for whatever reason

i would say onions as when i cut them i usually get water eyed.
I usually chill the onion a bit and it helps a lot. Also a little dash of vinegar on your cutting board before chopping the onion helps too.

Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM

21,216 posts, read 13,918,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post

That is how I feel about Thanksgiving. I start getting ready the week before. But I actually donít mind the actual cooking. It is just so tiring. And people want to eat, and then watch a football game. While people seem to want a traditional feast, they honestly donít take much time to enjoy it. Or thatís the way it seems to me.

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

5,842 posts, read 2,679,856 times
Turnips or asparagus. Both carry a stench that is unbearable to my nostrils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or