U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 02:48 PM

6,099 posts, read 3,463,568 times

Advertisements

McSnails from France?

McFalafels from Israel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 08:03 PM

6,695 posts, read 1,677,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

It must be something that have just brought in, although table service used to be the norm in burger chains such as Wimpy, who were the first big burger chain in the UK.

Its been a few years and has been tied into the kiosks that have popped up at most McDonald's. You get a plastic number that sits on your table and they bring out your food. It gives the former cashiers something to do before they come up with a robot who will serve the food to the tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think the Royale with Cheese might have been what they called the Big Mac in Paris, at least according to the film Pulp Fiction.

McDonals UK usually have lots of promotions named after US States or Countries, there is a difference, and they don't use as much additives, however the difference isn't vast like it is in terms of McDonalds in India, Japan and elsewhere in the Far East.
Yes that was where I got that reference. Of course there was the Big Kauna Burger. Which of course was not a real burger.

I saw your McDonald's UK menu and the burgers named after states. I don't know who came up with the states and the burgers named after them I would come up with a different list.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:53 AM

571 posts, read 145,878 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08bzBAKCRlM

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 05-16-2019 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Royale with Cheese

Old 05-17-2019, 12:53 AM

5,781 posts, read 2,796,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
We get trash in the US while other countries get better and more innovative food.
Food at McDonalds seems about the same to me in other countries, at least for the burgers I'm usually eating if I go in another country. Sure there are usually a few different menu items that reflect local tastes, but there are also menu items in the United States that aren't offered in other countries.

Two things often missing from menus overseas are breakfast burritos and southwest chicken salad.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:42 AM

3,574 posts, read 3,471,552 times
Filet - O - Fish sandwich is common around the world. Rest all items are different as per local taste and ingredients.

McAllo Tikki Burger from India is very tasty. Hope one day they bring it to USA. It has a Potato patty.

https://www.mcdonaldsindia.com/extra...wo.html#view15

Old 05-17-2019, 09:43 PM

24,540 posts, read 23,502,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What about the beer?
I'm sure that you mean McBeer.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:57 PM

19,442 posts, read 18,536,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its been a few years and has been tied into the kiosks that have popped up at most McDonald's. You get a plastic number that sits on your table and they bring out your food. It gives the former cashiers something to do before they come up with a robot who will serve the food to the tables.

Yes that was where I got that reference. Of course there was the Big Kauna Burger. Which of course was not a real burger.

I saw your McDonald's UK menu and the burgers named after states. I don't know who came up with the states and the burgers named after them I would come up with a different list.
I know. As I read the list of states, I started to wonder how I would gracefully exit any McDonalds that listed those as choices. Mississippi is the poorest state in the country, probably the saddest. The list took my appetite away.

The new stuff that's coming to MacDonalds, they can keep. Yuck. Big time YUCK. When I go to McDonalds I get the Happy Meal. It has a normal sized burger and some fries, apple juice, and then I save the apple slices (preserved with citrus) to make a salad later on. It's supposed to be a kid's meal but it's a good size for an adult for lunch.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:29 AM

960 posts, read 126,485 times
A few additions could help the local menu out. lol

Perhaps a few of these would bring in more customers.

Ebi Filet-O Shrimp Burger (Japan)

Taro Pie (China)
Mashed Potato Burger (China)
Sausage and Egg Twisty Pasta Breakfast (China)

Slice Chips (Italy)
Crock Bites (Italy)
Spinach and Parmesan Nuggets (Italy)

McCurry Pan (India)
Spicy Paneer Wrap (India)

McFalafel (Israel)
KcKebab (Israel)

Cheese Croquettes (Morocco)
McArabia (Morocco)

McNoodles (Austria)

Samurai Pork Burger (Thailand)

McNürnburger (Germany)

Apricot Sundae (Turkey)

Pineapple Oreo McFlurry (Colombia)

McShrimp (Russia)

Chicken McDo with Spaghetti (Philippines)

Prosperity Burger (Malaysia)

McBeer (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Switzerland and other select locations)

Bacon Roll (United Kingdom)

This would also be a nice change.
McDonald's Hawaiian Deluxe Breakfast (Hawaii)

Old 05-19-2019, 02:21 PM

5,781 posts, read 2,796,219 times
There are also lots of McDonalds overseas that offer a small cup of corn as a side dish.

Also to add to that list Korea has a Bulgogi burger, I forget exact name.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:42 AM

14,271 posts, read 17,111,065 times
I was in Budapest in the early '90s, and I spotted "Vegetarian Whopper" on the menu board at one of the Burger Kings in that city.
I ordered one, and discovered that this was simply a "whopper" bun with one small piece of lettuce, one slice of tomato, a smear of mayo, and a bit of onion. In other words, a Whopper that included everything but the meat.

I guess that I was wrong to assume that they would have used a vegetable-based patty, but the amount of filling in that sandwich was so meager that it was... pathetic.

Last edited by Retriever; 05-20-2019 at 06:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or