U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:41 PM

3,980 posts, read 3,249,172 times

Advertisements

Couple things, though "love" isn't right exactly:

Broccoli: I'll have an extra serving if there's more, please.

Mustard: great on wienies (with white onion and chili, a real gut-buster), chicken (anything), and burgers. Ketchup can buzz off. I prefer a mild gray mustard but regular is excellent, too. Not bad on fries, though I don't crave it: light on the sauce there, but don't spare the salt and pepper.

Pepper? On tons of things, please.

Hot sauces: I'm becoming a connoisseur, and home made/special especially from a Mexican restaurant is superb w/home made chips. Asian: Make that 4/5 at the Thai restaurant, and gimme the Sriracha sauce too.

Escargot: sends most fleeing. I'll eat theirs. Maybe 2x/year.

Cinnamon anything? Bring it! Hot Tamales candy, discovered at the movies the other day (who knew?) brought back memories and I chewed that box full for a week after.

Soda water with a lime? Delicious vs. Coke or other soda, much less liquor. I don't drink so that's my standard bar drink. Learned at a Weight Watchers sort of thing and also an AA trick (I don't attend those, but I've heard).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 04:45 PM

3,762 posts, read 3,800,199 times
Love beans. A lot of people say they like nuts, but hardly ever eat them. I love alllll sorts of different types of nuts and eat them regularly. I looooooooooooove very oily fish that taste like fish.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:54 PM

17,599 posts, read 8,827,681 times
Scrapple - love it! Everything but the oink
Fried Chicken Livers
Calamari - baked with red sauce, or fried
Black licorice - haven't had it in years but like it
Jellied eels - just kidding
Monkey Brains - just kidding
Goats eyes - just kidding

Old 06-24-2019, 05:08 PM

15,201 posts, read 8,504,300 times
I love beef and chicken liver(s)....spam and hotdogs - yes, I love cheap meats!

Oh, I also love goat, and that's not so cheap.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:45 PM

21,148 posts, read 11,754,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Couple things, though "love" isn't right exactly:

Broccoli: I'll have an extra serving if there's more, please.

Mustard: great on wienies (with white onion and chili, a real gut-buster), chicken (anything), and burgers. Ketchup can buzz off. I prefer a mild gray mustard but regular is excellent, too. Not bad on fries, though I don't crave it: light on the sauce there, but don't spare the salt and pepper.

Pepper? On tons of things, please.

Hot sauces: I'm becoming a connoisseur, and home made/special especially from a Mexican restaurant is superb w/home made chips. Asian: Make that 4/5 at the Thai restaurant, and gimme the Sriracha sauce too.

Escargot: sends most fleeing. I'll eat theirs. Maybe 2x/year.

Cinnamon anything? Bring it! Hot Tamales candy, discovered at the movies the other day (who knew?) brought back memories and I chewed that box full for a week after.

Soda water with a lime? Delicious vs. Coke or other soda, much less liquor. I don't drink so that's my standard bar drink. Learned at a Weight Watchers sort of thing and also an AA trick (I don't attend those, but I've heard).
escargot, maybe, but I wouldn't put any of the rest of this into the unpopular category. Most people I know like all of those

Old 06-24-2019, 07:09 PM

24,961 posts, read 23,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal.M.I. View Post
I'll take popeye's spinach any day! And your mushrooms, beets - unpickled only, and black licorice, and basil.
You can all have my cilantro.
Thank you for the cilantro!

Old 06-24-2019, 07:25 PM

24,961 posts, read 23,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I love black licorice..... and for some reason the licorice haters are very anti-licorice... so self-centered they don't even want it around them....(after their rant...I say that's how I feel about veggies)

love love love battered fried whole gut clams..... could eat a bushel!!

the little red ribs on Chinese menus.....you either love em or hate em...I love them could eat them every day

raw scallops.... use to drag for them with my father....shuck em and slurp them down whole...… couldn't get any fresher......still moving …. mmmm mmmm good
Some black licorice has a very noticeable odor.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:32 PM

661 posts, read 195,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Prunes!
Me, too! I love them as a snack on their own, stirred into yogurt or cereal or soaked in booze before being baked in a tart with almond custard.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:46 PM

16,436 posts, read 16,534,546 times
Liver!

Go ahead and hate me!

Old 06-24-2019, 09:00 PM

36,588 posts, read 41,867,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
Unsweetened grapefruit juice, the sourer the better. Sometimes, I like to dilute it with water (50-50).
I salt my grapefruit and juice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or