U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 09:38 AM

54 posts, read 14,517 times

Advertisements

Or add sugar/salt/fat to the foods you cook? Would you say that its okay everyday to eat as a snack, skittles/sour gummies along with a healthy brown rice and salmon for lunch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

22,643 posts, read 24,230,017 times
Most (if not all) foods have naturally occurring sugars, sodium, and/or fat.

If you're asking if it's okay to eat candy regularly, it's not great, but a lot of people subscribe to the idea that if you eat well 80-ish% of the time, there's room to splurge a little, with a glass of wine or dessert or occasional fried food or whatever.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

17,392 posts, read 10,291,754 times
How often?

That's like asking how often do you use the toilet everyday.

Every single meal.

Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM

15 posts, read 258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How often?

That's like asking how often do you use the toilet everyday.

Every single meal.
... and loving it!

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,201,142 times
Every single day! I don't want to eat like a cow, although I love eating them.

Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM

12,121 posts, read 5,194,220 times
I'm not going to eat like a rabbit on a diet. That's about all that's left with no salt, no sugar, no fat in any food, so yes every day.

Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

38,199 posts, read 56,011,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticseas View Post
Or add sugar/salt/fat to the foods you cook? Would you say that its okay everyday to eat as a snack, skittles/sour gummies along with a healthy brown rice and salmon for lunch?
I cook food with seasonings. Yes, I use salt/fat and sugar. In moderation.
As for Skittles/sour gummies - I don't eat junk food. They are super sweet and colored with toxic dyes.
"Red 40, Yellow 5, and Yellow 6 are the three most widely used dyes in the United States. Skittles and M&M's, contain nine different artificial colors: Red 40 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6, Red 40, Yellow 5 and Blue 1 the highest levels found in candies."
Yum?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; Yesterday at 07:32 PM..

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

4,917 posts, read 4,087,714 times
I limit my carb intake to 20g daily. I never add sugar to anything.

I try to get 5g sodium daily. Otherwise, I get leg cramps, headaches, and a higher resting heart rate (up to 60 bpm from my usual 52 bpm with sufficient sodium intake).

Protein is my macro goal, and I usually cook my protein in a bit of fat so it does not stick to the pan. I never use vegetable oil, only butter, lard, and olive oil.

Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM

12,121 posts, read 5,194,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I limit my carb intake to 20g daily. I never add sugar to anything.

I try to get 5g sodium daily. Otherwise, I get leg cramps, headaches, and a higher resting heart rate (up to 60 bpm from my usual 52 bpm with sufficient sodium intake).

Protein is my macro goal, and I usually cook my protein in a bit of fat so it does not stick to the pan. I never use vegetable oil, only butter, lard, and olive oil.
OK, then you do eat food with fat and sodium everyday.

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

15,169 posts, read 31,511,705 times
I know several people who salt food before they even taste it. We can go to a restaurant and as soon as they get their food they reach for the salt shaker. I don’t understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink