U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 09:10 PM

45,353 posts, read 36,524,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
You always knew it was time to stop eating it when the roof of your mouth went completely raw.

My sister and I used to get into vicious "spite wars" in our youth and I recall taking a box of Lucky Charms cereal aside and separating out and eating every marshmallow piece in it, leaving behind the rest of the cereal. Every.single.one. It was like that episode of South Park where Cartman ate all the skin off the KFC and left the "bare" chicken behind for the others. I wish "sorry-not-sorry" had been a saying back in the late 1970s.
This is so funny!

When I was a kid, every Saturday morning my brother and I would wake up about 6:00 am and turn on Looney Tunes, but not before we went tiptoeing into the kitchen and got the box of Cap'n Crunch cereal. No bowls necessary. We'd just sit there and munch down on that cereal straight out of the box, dry of course, and we'd eat it till the roofs of our mouths were raw!!!!!!!

You had me cracking up about the Lucky Charms because I did that once with Cap'n Crunch w Crunch Berries - I ate all the Crunch Berries out of it and left the "plain" cereal for my brother! What are big sisters for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
oh god, i totally get your brother in law.

Crave case.

the smell alone is heavenly LOL.... i have lived in NJ all my life and still, my favorite burgers...
If you are south of the Mason Dixon line, "Krystal" burgers are the southern version of White Castle burgers. I mean, they are the same so I don't know why the name is different.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:03 PM

948 posts, read 1,368,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If you are south of the Mason Dixon line, "Krystal" burgers are the southern version of White Castle burgers. I mean, they are the same so I don't know why the name is different.
I'm from Georgia, but I love 'em both. Bring on the Krystal and the White Castle!

Old 08-01-2019, 02:56 AM

16,464 posts, read 5,389,063 times
Quote:
Same here but I draw the line at Miracle Whip. No thank you. Mayo please.
*small voice* I like Miracle Whip on baloney sandwiches. So shoot me already.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
*small voice* I like Miracle Whip on baloney sandwiches. So shoot me already.
Oh that's OK - my husband likes Miracle Whip, and I MARRIED him.

But we are not having kids.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:54 AM

2,889 posts, read 4,631,881 times
Shake 'n Bake pork chops. I tried a copycat recipe and it was a fail.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:32 PM

36,838 posts, read 42,160,518 times
Quote:
Close, but not the same. On our last road trip to Tennessee, we were able to get a sack of each and so a side by side sampling (I'm an Illinoisan and had only had White Castle). Tennessee and Kentucky are the only states where both chains are found.

Krystal cooks mustard into theirs, and also tops them with mustard, so they're slightly tangier. They're also two different companies (White Castle being the older), unlike, say, Hardee's and Carl's Jr.)

Old 08-01-2019, 01:15 PM

14,303 posts, read 24,086,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Close, but not the same. On our last road trip to Tennessee, we were able to get a sack of each and so a side by side sampling (I'm an Illinoisan and had only had White Castle). Tennessee and Kentucky are the only states where both chains are found.

Krystal cooks mustard into theirs, and also tops them with mustard, so they're slightly tangier. They're also two different companies (White Castle being the older), unlike, say, Hardee's and Carl's Jr.)

Agreed.

Krystal's also includes ketchup on them. White Castles have only onions and a pickle on them. Krystals grills their hamburgers while White Castles steams them.

I have never really enjoyed the food at Krystal's.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 PM

3,082 posts, read 2,044,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
Shake 'n Bake pork chops. I tried a copycat recipe and it was a fail.
Isn't that the case with almost all copycat recipes?

Old 08-01-2019, 02:15 PM

3,557 posts, read 914,046 times
Garbage plates!

The Rochester Garbage Plate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink