U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 08:48 AM

72,601 posts, read 84,491,938 times

Advertisements

Had the ultimate for breakfast this morning: 4 pot stickers with absolutely nothing but calories but calories I love. I just browned them off. Yum, yum!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 08:52 AM

9,926 posts, read 7,198,312 times
One of my favorite junque foods is Spam. Broiled in the broiler oven to get it crispy on the outside, and served with fried eggs. Yum.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:07 AM

5,680 posts, read 3,002,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Had the ultimate for breakfast this morning: 4 pot stickers with absolutely nothing but calories but calories I love. I just browned them off. Yum, yum!!!!
Deeelicious. But pot stickers are not junk food.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:47 AM

45,906 posts, read 37,019,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Vienna sausages, in all their pinkish-gray slime covered glory!
Amen to them and yes, I know they're gross and I just don't care.

My favorite meal of all meals when I was a kid was when Dad was in charge of Sunday "dinner." He always fixed tomato soup (out of a can, made with milk), saltine crackers, VIENNA SAUSAGES, Coke, and a Snicker bar for dessert and OMG I was in heaven. My mom was disgusted but we kids loved it.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:01 AM

45,906 posts, read 37,019,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
One of my favorite junque foods is Spam. Broiled in the broiler oven to get it crispy on the outside, and served with fried eggs. Yum.
My son lives in Guam and they are SPAM CRAZY there. Spam of every single flavor! He sometimes sends me weird Spam flavors for a kick, or sends photos of himself in the Spam aisle.

I like regular ol' Spam exactly as you're describing - no need for embellishments!

Old 08-26-2019, 11:16 AM

12,034 posts, read 20,583,694 times
Oh, man, the tomato soup love! There is nothing better tasting than tomato soup... but the heartburn, afterwards... I miss tomato soup.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:04 PM

10 posts, read 1,792 times
Chili dogs from Coney I-Lander! (Tulsa)
Frito Chili pie
Potted meat spread on a slice of white bread
Just plain old Chili...

sigh....

Old 08-29-2019, 09:06 PM

1,655 posts, read 1,086,788 times
Oh my:
  • Virtually any potato chip (though especially Pennsylvania brands) with HeluvaGood French Onion dip.
  • All flavors of Doritos (but especially Cool Ranch and Spicy Sweet Chili).
  • Pan-fried spam slices with my father while my wife & mom talk trash.
  • Seltzer's Original Lebanon Bologna (REAL bologna, not that pink sh**) with or without cheese & mustard. I can't emphasize how stupid-good it is having grown up in PA less than an hour away from Amish country. I still have pounds of it shipped to Florida to share with family twice a year, and send it to friends around the country.
  • Cereal varieties from my childhood.
  • Snyder's Honey Mustard & Onion pretzel pieces.
  • Crispy scrapple.
  • Crispy corned beef hash w/ deliciously runny poached egg on top.
  • Tater Tots and hash brown patties from the freezer bag.
  • Dairy Queen Blizzards in numerous flavors.
  • Pretty much anything from Tastykake.
  • Cup-O-Noodles & Ramen packs.
  • Deviled eggs.
  • Mrs. T's pierogies.
  • Fried mozzarella sticks or white cheddar balls.
  • Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies.
  • Eggo waffles.
  • BLTs.
  • Chili dogs w/ crispy bacon and cheddar.
  • I'll add a quality Louisiana Boudin (usually from BestStopInScott) to, or stuff it in; meatloaf, crab cakes, bacon-wrapped pork loin with a pepper jelly glaze, and chicken breast. Also good to eat (after cooking) straight out of the casing as a street food.
  • Corn dogs.
  • Poutine.
  • Fried gator tail nuggets tossed in hot sauce.
I don't eat stuff like the above on a regular basis, but I had to stop typing because holy hell have I developed a taste for anything bad I can find lingering or make from ingredients in the fridge and/or pantry.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:44 PM

953 posts, read 1,376,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I absolutely love potstickers.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:45 PM

953 posts, read 1,376,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My son lives in Guam and they are SPAM CRAZY there. Spam of every single flavor! He sometimes sends me weird Spam flavors for a kick, or sends photos of himself in the Spam aisle.

I like regular ol' Spam exactly as you're describing - no need for embellishments!
I lived in Korea as a kid and people loved Spam there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink