Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 02:18 PM

5,395 posts, read 3,956,841 times

Advertisements

I am 62 and have never eaten at a Cracker Barrel. Or an Olive Garden, although I have had the Bloomin Onion as takeout. All I can say is, you better eat it while it is hot, because as it cools down it is disgusting.

I do like toasting a few marshmallows as the fireplace turns to coals. Most of that other stuff, I have lost my taste for as I got older. Just thinking about all the partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (shortening) that goes into commercial cake frostings -- might as well have a cold Bloomin Onion.

Now if it is a homemade cake with butter frosting, well, my fork is ready.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:31 PM

668 posts, read 463,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am sure that I am NOT the only foodie that is a closet lover of some low end luscious foods and recopies. I'll fess up right now. I happen to like some foods that aren't trendy.

I'll go first.

1. Cracker Barrel. Never had a bad meal there. I am fanatical about their pecan pancakes. I love them. same goes for their home fry potato casserole and fried shrimp in a basket. Their biscuits and deserts are always good.

THIS. Pecan Pancakes from Cracker Barrel.

I have tried to duplicate them at home. Don't quite get there. But they are SO tasty!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 02:32 PM

48,267 posts, read 34,383,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I am 62 and have never eaten at a Cracker Barrel. Or an Olive Garden, .

I haven't either.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-28-2019, 02:35 PM

668 posts, read 463,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I am 62 and have never eaten at a Cracker Barrel. Or an Olive Garden, although I have had the Bloomin Onion as takeout. All I can say is, you better eat it while it is hot, because as it cools down it is disgusting.

I do like toasting a few marshmallows as the fireplace turns to coals. Most of that other stuff, I have lost my taste for as I got older. Just thinking about all the partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (shortening) that goes into commercial cake frostings -- might as well have a cold Bloomin Onion.

Now if it is a homemade cake with butter frosting, well, my fork is ready.

But...this thread is about trashy kitchy foods!!!! And obviously the bloomin onion needs to be eaten hot

Old 07-28-2019, 02:45 PM

3,532 posts, read 1,522,189 times
Used to eat those York Peppermint Patties.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:50 PM

34,107 posts, read 18,346,698 times
Yes, how could I have forgotten Fritos Scoops, with queso dip made from Cheez Wiz!
Pimento loaf (bologna with crap thrown in)
Cheez It crackers with cheese on them, preferably out of an aerosol can

Old 07-28-2019, 03:15 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,515,063 times
Frito scoops with whipped cream cheese are great. Philadelphia cream cheese combined with Velveeta makes wonderful macaroni and cheese. I love grilled cheese sandwiches with plenty of Velveeta and butter on white bread.

I sorely miss Noodles Romanoff.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:16 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,895,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
I'll be right over.

Seriously...my next bag-o-tots will have to be minis.
Another good thing about the mini tots is they cook faster.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:20 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,895,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Do they still make Pepperidge Farm frozen three layer cakes? There was a chocolate one with white swirls on top and little chocolate chips that my mother used to buy in the 70s.

……….

Oh yes, they sure do still make those cakes! Just finished one off a few days ago.
Not all at once though. Haha!

Old 07-28-2019, 03:30 PM

604 posts, read 851,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Pop Tarts!!!! Brown sugar, with frosting.
OMG yes, my favorite kid of Pop Tart.

Also maybe downmarket but I don't care - Velveeta and fire-roasted Ro-Tel tomato dip for tortilla chips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink