U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM

675 posts, read 359,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Jersey Mike’s. I’ve tried JJs several times, and each time was a disappointment.
Yeah, people who like JJs must really love their salt and mayo, the rest of the sandwich is just along for the ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM

9,911 posts, read 5,088,948 times
I don't do Jimmy Johns. I just can't bring myself to contribute to the big man-child's big game slaughtering trips.

(I know I'm gonna get flamed for that. Whatever. I'll decide where my money goes)

Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM

11,856 posts, read 4,057,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Have you tried Earl of Sandwich? I tried once on I-95 in Maryland outside of Baltimore. It is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NghvKmGoy8Q
Lord Montagu was nice enough to let them use the name.

John Montagu, 11th Earl of Sandwich - Wikipedia

Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM

1,827 posts, read 591,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Of the two, Jimmy Johns...
but my favorite sandwich shop is Firehouse Subs..
I resemble this remark.

P.S. If you want to set fire to your mouth, try their “Liquid Stupid” sauce. (OK, I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to hot, to me it was over the top.)

https://www.amazon.com/From-Ohio-Liq...ustomerReviews

Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM

9,807 posts, read 6,711,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Yeah, people who like JJs must really love their salt and mayo, the rest of the sandwich is just along for the ride.
That's precisely it. Even when asking for "EZ" mayo, the sub is doused in it.

I once ordered the Unwich with ez mayo, and since there was no bread to absorb the copious amounts of it, it leaked all over the place. There was so much of it. I can't imagine what it would be like to have their "XTRA." Yikes.

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,083,723 times
I have never tried either one not sure I ever will. Where I live there are just too many good to great independent sub shops or as some here call them grinder shops. I do fully understand that it's not like that in other parts of the country.

If I had to pick a chain sub it would have to be Danny's Special at Wegmans. That is one delicious sandwich!

Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM

1,035 posts, read 550,622 times
We had a Firehouse Subs near us and they closed. Talk about lots of salt. Not my favorite.

Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM

14,085 posts, read 7,515,196 times
When I was in Philly frequently using Amtrak, Jersey Mike’s was emergency dinner at 30th Street Station before a 4+ hour evening train ride to New England. It’s OK but I’ve certainly had better subs.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

15,128 posts, read 19,119,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't do Jimmy Johns. I just can't bring myself to contribute to the big man-child's big game slaughtering trips.

(I know I'm gonna get flamed for that. Whatever. I'll decide where my money goes)
I'm not comfortable with that either. But what offends me even more is his policy of making employees sign a 2 year non-compete agreement. Even the low paid part time drivers!!!

Happily, the somebody sued and the court struck down his ability to continue doing it. And made all the signed non-compete agreements invalid.

But I'm personally still not going to spend money there.

https://fortune.com/2016/06/22/jimmy...te-agreements/

Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

36,815 posts, read 42,116,416 times
We have both. I prefer Jimmy John's, though Jimmy John himself really is kind of a d-bag. I generally avoid supporting the company, but during pregnancy cravings, all bets were off.

Of regional sandwich chains, I was glad when Chicago-born Potbelly cropped up in my current city a few years ago. They're my favorite of the sandwich shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink