U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 10:15 PM

804 posts, read 380,942 times

Advertisements

Jersey Mike's hands down. Love their sandwiches. You could also get any sandwich made into a salad which was great when hubby and I were trying to eat less carbs. The amount of meat is good, the toppings are great, the price was right. Miss their food.

Jimmy John's did not impress me at all. Average amount of mediocre meat. Nothing special. We didn't go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM

23,819 posts, read 17,734,769 times
Jersey Mike's 90% of the time. The meat and veggies are sliced right there and tend to be fresher.

I like JJ's Italian Night sandwich on the thick cut sandwich bread they offer. The french bread is likely biting into PVC pipe.

Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM

5,063 posts, read 1,830,922 times
Jersey Mike's - Mike's way. Meat and lettuce and onions sliced on the spot, always seems fresher that JJ's.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM

2,024 posts, read 1,315,956 times
I'm also one who would never give my money to JJ's.... but I LOVE Jersey Mike's. Turkey on wheat, hold the onions!

Ok, now I am hungry

Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

3,932 posts, read 3,609,483 times
No Jersey Mike's for me. At least not yet. They are the Official Sub Shop of the New York Yankees and I am a Mets fan.

I resisted Utz potato chips for years until their deal with the Yankees expired. I suppose Jersey Mike's deal with the Evil Empire will one day expire, too, and I'll try one of their sandwiches.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

4,530 posts, read 2,905,300 times
It's been many years since I've been to a JJ. I remember them being OK. Definitely much better than Subway (although that was a low bar to clear).

I like JM and continue to go there whenever I can.

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

6,940 posts, read 7,338,710 times
I also live in an area where there are way too many small, local, family-owned sandwich shops -- cheese steak and/or hoagie places to choose JJ's or Jersey Mikes.

When I was in the DC area, after trying them both, I chose JJ's over Jersey Mikes. But, today, after learning what's been said about JJ's won't eat there again. But I'd also likely never have to.

Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
bjh

31,018 posts, read 23,863,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Come on... You really think the food at JJs is bad?
Yes, I really do.

Quote:
ps: wife and I were in Memphis this past May. Gus's chicken was the bomb!
Agree with you there. Best fried chicken on planet earth.

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

9,828 posts, read 6,718,802 times
Quote:
Come on... You really think the food at JJs is bad? I really liked it and my go to at JMs is the #13 also. I thought JJs Italian sub was better in all honesty all being equal.

ps: wife and I were in Memphis this past May. Gus's chicken was the bomb!
I really do think JJ's is bad. Like I said earlier, I gave it a shot multiple times (they DO deliver fast) and each time, it was terrible.

Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM

2,012 posts, read 2,027,975 times
I believe the founder/owner/CEO of Jimmy John's trophy hunts in Africa. Prefer Jersey Mike's, since they're not that much different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink