U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 05:49 PM

12,899 posts, read 6,632,432 times

Advertisements

I am not a huge fan of either, but I really, really dislike Jimmy Johns. I had them for the first (and hopefully only) time in Northern Michigan a few years ago.

As someone else mentioned, I'd prefer Firehouse Subs any day of the week.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 06:11 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,372,787 times
I'd vote for Jimmy Johns as my personal favorite.

As an aside, I am an animal lover, and loath those who go on "big game slaughtering trips". What a horrible thing to do....all for "fun". Sure, for you, what about the animal?

That being said, if none of us ever did business with a business that was headed by a person that did things we seriously don't like, or find personally unethical, there would be little or no commerce. We'd be making our own cars, sewing our own clothes, growing all our own food, making our own furniture, and building our own houses.

Think about it....is this even feasible?

It's like the airline game. You read a post about Delta Airline making people sleep in the terminal for a night due to some mechanical/weather issue, or being stranded on the tarmac for 6 hours, and people are mad because Delta didn't provide acceptable accommodations for this situation. Person says "I'm never flying Delta again". Trouble is....a month before same thing happened to United, and the month before American...and in fact, ever single airline has "issues" with such things from time to time.... So who you gonna fly now?

Old 09-04-2019, 11:01 AM

9,647 posts, read 7,313,403 times
Jimmy Johns for a cold sub..

Jersey Mike's for the Big Kahuna Philly Steak

My problem with both of them, however.. Is the sizes. Either too damn big or too small.

Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

3,325 posts, read 2,131,321 times
Jersey Mike's all day long. Firehouse Sub's would be my #2.

Old Today, 01:02 AM

48 posts, read 9,810 times
Jersey Mike's by far...... but I do like Jimmy John's as well. The one thing I like about Jimmy John's is the ones here keep later hours.... so if I am craving a quick sub at 2:35am, then JJ's is the place to go.

Old Today, 06:50 AM

1,345 posts, read 343,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I'd vote for Jimmy Johns as my personal favorite.

As an aside, I am an animal lover, and loath those who go on "big game slaughtering trips". What a horrible thing to do....all for "fun". Sure, for you, what about the animal?

That being said, if none of us ever did business with a business that was headed by a person that did things we seriously don't like, or find personally unethical, there would be little or no commerce. We'd be making our own cars, sewing our own clothes, growing all our own food, making our own furniture, and building our own houses.

Think about it....is this even feasible?

It's like the airline game. You read a post about Delta Airline making people sleep in the terminal for a night due to some mechanical/weather issue, or being stranded on the tarmac for 6 hours, and people are mad because Delta didn't provide acceptable accommodations for this situation. Person says "I'm never flying Delta again". Trouble is....a month before same thing happened to United, and the month before American...and in fact, ever single airline has "issues" with such things from time to time.... So who you gonna fly now?
If you are talking about hunting big game such as big cats, I agree with you. However in this country (USA) hunting is a big part of wildlife management. I live is south Florida, near a section of the Everglades. When we have drought conditions for several years, the deer population explodes due to the "Dry" lands created by the drought. When the rains return and the glades turn back to the wetlands they normally are, starvation and disease take their toll on the now overpopulation of deer. There are only so many individuals that can be supported by the available food, water and shelter (known as the edge effect). Special hunts are required to reduce the population of deer in order to keep the healthy population from becoming ill and dying off. I taught hunter safety for several years and have seen this situation close up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink