U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:14 AM

22,283 posts, read 14,630,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:27 AM

21,335 posts, read 11,978,887 times
There is one chain I've been to called Old Chicago that cut a thin crust round pizza into small squares rather than the traditional triangles. I didn't really care for it, I like the balance of a standard triangular slice.

Old Today, 09:29 AM

36 posts, read 1,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Not quite square pizza, but I ate a lot of Harris pizza growing up in the Quad Cities. Quad Cities style has malt in the crust, is cut into strips with shears, and the toppings are under the crust. There's a QC pizza place here in Anderson SC but I haven't tried it yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_City-style_pizza
Glad someone here knows that this is already a style of pizza. silly style but its still "Quad Cities Style"

With the pieces all cut in rectangles like that but still circle pizza. Harris Pizza in Davenport, Iowa is good but happy joes is the king for QCA pizza. just cost too much.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

3,537 posts, read 1,390,474 times
I've been to Happy Joe's in Galena. I was singularly unimpressed.

ETA: Looks like their Galena location has since closed, so I must not have been the only one.

Old Today, 10:51 AM

6,952 posts, read 2,498,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

I live in the St. Louis area. I love Imo's pizza and provel cheese! Sadly, my husband, not so much.

Old Today, 10:52 AM

714 posts, read 607,907 times
Cities? I though this was just a Little Caesars thing!

Old Today, 01:04 PM

3,949 posts, read 3,627,354 times
There's an Appalachian city in the Pennsylvania Anthracite district called Shamokin. There they have a place called Mr. Pizza that sells pizza "by the cut" (not slice) and the cuts are square. $1.10 each.

Old Today, 01:07 PM

38,508 posts, read 56,298,494 times
In Germany, France and Poland (not sure about other countries) they make pizza in a cookie sheet. They are square/rectangle, and the portions are square too. Very common.

Spoiler

Spoiler
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old Today, 01:18 PM

1,053 posts, read 558,091 times
Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT

Old Today, 01:26 PM

36,912 posts, read 42,267,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I live in the St. Louis area. I love Imo's pizza and provel cheese! Sadly, my husband, not so much.
I used to hate it (the provel, that is, cracker crust is fine) but it has grown on me. I'm in KC, and when I moved here, we had at least one Imo's, but I don't think we do any longer.

There used to be a pizza place somewhere along Delmar where the servers wore shirts with "Provel" under a slash-through circle on the back. No idea if it is still there, but I ate there a few times. I can't remember the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or