U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 06:50 AM

677 posts, read 176,879 times

Advertisements

How many times do you eat "repeats"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 07:01 AM

38,539 posts, read 56,364,803 times
Repeats as leftovers?
Or the same meal cooked freshly over and over again?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:39 AM

1,288 posts, read 329,552 times
Unless we have leftovers or purposely make a double batch of something, we rarely have the same meal in a 2 month period. Leftovers are generally eaten for breakfast or lunch.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:56 PM

9,372 posts, read 8,435,460 times
All the time.

When we like something, I remake it.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:59 PM

6,756 posts, read 4,218,369 times
I rarely have leftovers any more; my family of 5 including three teenagers tends to eat up the entire meal and then go make themselves sandwiches. If there is something left, my daughter usually eats it for lunch the next day.

Repeats as in the same meal again...I tend to start repeating favorite dishes in the weekly menu after 3-4 weeks.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:25 PM

38,539 posts, read 56,364,803 times
I rarely eat repeats, because I improvise every one of my meals. That's probably why I couldn't ever give an exact recipe of food I cook. I like to cook the same thing in many different ways, but that doesn't mean that I will eat the same meat or fish every day. I don't have weekly/monthly menus that repeat exactly every so often.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:27 AM

624 posts, read 205,436 times
I make one large batch of food for lunches and weekday snacks and eat the same lunch for five days. I alternate 3 breakfasts for the week. Dinners are all different each day. This saves me some money, time and planning. Also, I eat very differently than my husband. I am a health nut, pescetarian (but mostly vegetarian with fish 1-2x week and very little dairy or eggs), and he is a total junk food addict and loves meat, potatoes, and no vegetables. So I make my healthier dishes for breakfasts and lunches for myself, but because I am one person, it's just easier to make a batch and eat it over the week than have different food every day. I still make a healthy dinner for the two of us but he can eat his other stuff the other two meals for himself. Though he often picks around the fruits and vegetables I make for dinner lol.

I make a lot of new dishes as far as recipes and experimentation, but i have some favorites/repeats I make often too in my rotation.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:19 AM

72,422 posts, read 84,215,347 times
Let's just say I rarely throw anything out unless it has spoiled. That being said, it depends on how much I make and why. If there is just a little left over I will save it and either have it for lunch or combine it with something else left over and make a different meal out of whatever it is. When I make something like spaghetti or soup I intentionally make enough to freeze some. We do not eat repeats more than twice. If we have that much I will freeze it for use much later. This is why I make a menu every week and try to stick to it. That way we have something different every night. I have to admit there are times, usually at least once a week when my menu and I go our separate ways. Tonight is one of those times.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 AM

18,450 posts, read 23,708,208 times
Repeats??

I subscribe to the theory it’s always a brand new day

So I’m always eating something for the first time ��

If yesterday’s food is being enjoyed today
And possibly tomorrow
It’s more of an enhancement than a repeat

Some foods like road kill are best the first time

Old 08-15-2019, 12:04 PM

11,199 posts, read 20,705,490 times
I can't eat leftovers for medical reasons.

I repeat my menu every week. We're pretty limited by my food allergies and my daughter's food allergies, and my husband is picky about eating anything that might cause gas when he's got to work the next day, so there's not a lot of room for trying new things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink