Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 09:53 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,948,049 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine is giving me her old one soon.
She doesn't use it anymore.
We already have a Kruieg(sp).
What are the differences?
Which one is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 11:32 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,532,798 times
Nespressos are better because it uses espresso type grinds that gives it more flavor. Keurigs aren't that good because the coffee never taste like it was brewed long enough. The only limitation is you have to buy the more expensive models to get the bigger pods that can make regular coffees. The base models can only make espressos.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:47 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,626,227 times
You also have to order the pods to be shipped or buy them only at certain retailers.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:41 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,948,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You also have to order the pods to be shipped or buy them only at certain retailers.
Oh great! Maybe that's another reason she's giving it to me.
Thx for the replies

Old 09-02-2019, 06:57 AM

3,603 posts, read 9,021,747 times
Costco and our local grocery store carry pods that fit nespresso now. I find the flavor so much better than keurig, but it's more of an espresso than a regular coffee.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:48 AM

19,374 posts, read 27,616,159 times
We just returned from a home exchange that had a Nespresso. They stayed in our house that has a Keurig.

Following the exchange, her thank you note specifically mentioned that she would be buying a keurig when they returned home.

Says it all.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:28 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,666,853 times
Unless it comes with George Clooney, I don't want one.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:39 AM

13,011 posts, read 12,971,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Nespressos are better because it uses espresso type grinds that gives it more flavor. Keurigs aren't that good because the coffee never taste like it was brewed long enough. The only limitation is you have to buy the more expensive models to get the bigger pods that can make regular coffees. The base models can only make espressos.
This is how I feel about my Nespresso. It makes great espresso for people who do not like espresso. I prefer using my Bialetti mocha pot for espresso.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:02 PM

416 posts, read 405,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
A friend of mine is giving me her old one soon.
She doesn't use it anymore.
We already have a Kruieg(sp).
What are the differences?
Which one is better?
Got to use one in a recent vacation in the hotel room. I think the flavor coffee is better but that may be a factor of it being more towards espresso. Making a large cup and three some creamer in there it’s basically like any other coffee at that point. Did notice the machine was much louder than the keurig I’ve used

Unrelated but I hate the sight of a trashcan full of those damn Pods. Seems like it must be environmentally worse than a regular coffee pot.

Old 09-02-2019, 02:39 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,532,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peta2013 View Post
Got to use one in a recent vacation in the hotel room. I think the flavor coffee is better but that may be a factor of it being more towards espresso. Making a large cup and three some creamer in there it’s basically like any other coffee at that point. Did notice the machine was much louder than the keurig I’ve used

Unrelated but I hate the sight of a trashcan full of those damn Pods. Seems like it must be environmentally worse than a regular coffee pot.
It really is a different brewing method between Keurig and Nespresso. The Nespressos are like espresso machines where the hot water is pressured steamed through a tiny slit and then the coffee is dripped out. Keurig is simply a pre-measured single cup coffee brewed within the K-cup that has a built in filter and the water brews the coffee and seeps out through the k-cup. If you don't like espresso then you go for k-cups or buy nespresso larger pods that can brew larger cups of coffee. I think the flavor of the larger pods are really strong but they are pricey. They cost as much as $1.50 each cup but comes in different flavors and some with creams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink