U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:51 AM

41,889 posts, read 3,191,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Trader Joe’s frozen dinners are very good, and there’s a wide, multi-ethnic variety to choose from.
Oh yeah, I love their (frozen) spicy Thai eggplant. It is a large enough serving for both of us, once I cook up some rice. I am also a fan of the fresh chicken verde enchiladas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:53 AM

38,909 posts, read 56,732,263 times
The best tasting frozen meals aren't probably healthy...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old Today, 09:31 AM

513 posts, read 109,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The best tasting frozen meals aren't probably healthy...
If it tastes good, spit it out."
- Jack LaLanne

Old Today, 09:52 AM

534 posts, read 372,400 times
I spend way too many nights in motels so occasionally I'll grab something frozen to zap back in the room if I don't feel like eating out.

I really like the Devour brand of meals. Every variety I tried was very good. Have any of you tried these?
https://www.brandeating.com/2016/08/...meal-line.html

Old Today, 09:56 AM

17,642 posts, read 21,524,213 times
Quote:
Perhaps they taste better but the portions are very small compared to normal portions you would eat at home or restaurants. Most of them weight 8-9 oz and provide less than 300 cal which is just not enough food for a meal.
A 4-ounce meat, 2 spoons of gravy, half cup of starch, and a quarter cup of vegetable is definitely not going to make anyone full. This can lead to a lowered metabolic rate or snacking that's not mindful.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/57569/everyth..._campaign=clip
Most people eat two such dinners at the time (except those who are on a strict diet)
When I buy frozen meals I always go for the meals with the most protein/beef. Marie Calendar's Meatloaf and Mashed potatoes is one choice. I usually don't buy a frozen fish dinner, but I'm crazy about Stouffer's Fish Fillet Dinner with Macaroni and Cheese.

I also keep a big box of White Castle Sliders around for quick pick-up.

I only eat a frozen meal a couple times a week, when pinched for time, as I love to cook!

Old Today, 09:58 AM

7,147 posts, read 4,014,070 times
Most of them are loaded with sodium and fat. Some even contain 700 mg sodium per serving.

Old Today, 10:01 AM

851 posts, read 753,842 times
Quote:
Perhaps they taste better but the portions are very small compared to normal portions you would eat at home or restaurants. Most of them weight 8-9 oz and provide less than 300 cal which is just not enough food for a meal.
A 4-ounce meat, 2 spoons of gravy, half cup of starch, and a quarter cup of vegetable is definitely not going to make anyone full. This can lead to a lowered metabolic rate or snacking that's not mindful.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/57569/everyth..._campaign=clip
Most people eat two such dinners at the time (except those who are on a strict diet)
I find the Marketplace line to be pretty hearty. Then again, it doesn’t take much to fill me up. The line with the red box packaging, on the other hand, yea, an hour later after eating those I’m hungry again. Hangry, lol. Their portions are tiny.

Either way, I don’t eat these daily as I know they’re not healthy. I just keep them for those lazy days where I didn’t cook the night before to pack anything for lunch.

Old Today, 12:03 PM

1,355 posts, read 346,157 times
Homemade then frozen. The only thing I buy that could be considered a finished product are eggrolls and springrools.

Old Today, 12:09 PM

58,440 posts, read 41,456,524 times
One of the best frozen meals I've ever bought is a Chicken Souvlaki protein bowl by a company called CedarLane. Chicken, wild & brown rice, quinoa, kalamata olives in a tangy feta/yogurt sauce, very tasty and only 300 calories.

Naturally my local market decided to stop carrying it. I offered to buy a case, they wouldn't even have to open the box but they apparently have little interest in doing business and keeping their customers happy.

Old Today, 12:46 PM

9,528 posts, read 8,515,804 times
Trader Joes anything.

Their baked brie gives me life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink