U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 06:15 PM

892 posts, read 1,327,756 times

Advertisements

The Lean Cuisine Marketplace stuff FTW. Just had the egg rolls with the Sesame Chicken/Noodles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 08:05 PM

16,127 posts, read 13,875,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To live long and find yourself wondering WHY?
Lol, and his brother lived as long, maybe a bit longer, than he did, and was not even close to the fitness/diet fanatic Jack was. His brother even had a good quality of life during the time, playing golf right up to his death.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:41 AM

15,381 posts, read 8,789,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I like the Lean Cuisine Marketplace line. They have really stepped up their game from a few years ago when their dishes were hardly filling and tasted like cardboard.

My favorite is the Sweet and Spicy Korean Beef. It’s made with prime beef, brown rice, zucchini and squash. It’s so good. I get them for lunch and they keep me satisfied until dinner time.

If you’re looking for meals for two, or family sized they may be called, my son likes Stouffer’s and Marie Callendar’s.
Yes - they also have a couple Indian dishes right now that are very good too! Reasonable in price and calories.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:51 AM

72,683 posts, read 84,606,713 times
Rarely even think about frozen dinners. but if I had to choose one I think it would be Marie Callendar's.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:51 AM

11,175 posts, read 17,723,203 times
Marie Callender’s does make the best pot pies. I like the turkey flavor. You should cook it in the oven, of course.

Trader Joe’s Kung Pao chicken kit is really good. I add extra peanuts.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

58,462 posts, read 41,485,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
One of the best frozen meals I've ever bought is a Chicken Souvlaki protein bowl by a company called CedarLane. Chicken, wild & brown rice, quinoa, kalamata olives in a tangy feta/yogurt sauce, very tasty and only 300 calories.

Naturally my local market decided to stop carrying it. I offered to buy a case, they wouldn't even have to open the box but they apparently have little interest in doing business and keeping their customers happy.

Must be my lucky day, I was in that market today and though it wasn't marked as a close-out they had some at the lowest price I've seen (2/$7.00), I got a half dozen. If I can make some room in the freezer I'll go back tomorrow and clean them out.

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

58,462 posts, read 41,485,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Marie Callender’s does make the best pot pies. I like the turkey flavor. You should cook it in the oven, of course.

Trader Joe’s Kung Pao chicken kit is really good. I add extra peanuts.

I love that Kung Pao Chicken, either over rice or Soba noodles. Funny thing is when they first started carrying it the first bag I bought had 7 of the little red chiles in the veggie packet, the norm seems to be 2-3, it was pretty spicy.

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

1,310 posts, read 981,009 times
all my frozen favs come from Trader Joes

- Family Style Meat Lasagna
- note it takes 16 minutes in the microwave or 70 minutes in the oven. I used to make it from scratch, but then I realized from start to finish including prep & cleanup, it takes me 3.5+ hours.
Palak Paneer - indian spinach and blocks of uncured cheese, with a bit of chili
Cheese Enchiladas in the green plastic bag
The Argentinian Red Shrimp is the best frozen shrimp I've found in my lifetime

I am also guilty of liking Marie Calendars turkey pot pies. Which is the _best frozen pizza_ is source of debate in my house.

Old Today, 12:00 PM

37,508 posts, read 46,267,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
all my frozen favs come from Trader Joes

- Family Style Meat Lasagna
- note it takes 16 minutes in the microwave or 70 minutes in the oven. I used to make it from scratch, but then I realized from start to finish including prep & cleanup, it takes me 3.5+ hours.
Palak Paneer - indian spinach and blocks of uncured cheese, with a bit of chili
Cheese Enchiladas in the green plastic bag
The Argentinian Red Shrimp is the best frozen shrimp I've found in my lifetime

I am also guilty of liking Marie Calendars turkey pot pies. Which is the _best frozen pizza_ is source of debate in my house.
I don’t do frozen pizza, except for lunch once in awhile. We really like the flavor of Home Run Inn Chicago Pizza..

Old Today, 12:23 PM

6,380 posts, read 7,926,572 times
Marie Callender's Beef Pot Roast is outstanding. Close your eyes and you're in Grandma's kitchen! Best quality and quantity frozen meal I've ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink