Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 01:33 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Thanks for all the info, everyone! Sounds like most people don't regret their Soda Stream purchase.

To exchange canisters, you just take empties to the customer service desk at BB&B or Target or whatever, and they know what you're doing and sell you new ones?
I've gone to customer service for exchanging in both stores. Never an issue. They both sell the machines, so they're informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
Bo, you don't have to buy Soda Stream's flavorings.

Spousal Unit prefers to add Country Time Lemonade powder. Sister prefers to add Koolaid liquid drops. Mom puts instant tea in hers (go figure).

I like lime juice in mine.

Lots of cheaper alternatives to Soda Stream's flavorings.
Yeah, I don't use their syrups...or syrups in general.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:46 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,475,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieB4 View Post
I just got a SodaMod 12oz tank for my Source It's the largest I could fit but yeah it's food grade btw most people like the screw in bottle type they feel it holds pressure better.
I have the "Jet" model and it will hold a 24oz tank.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:22 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
I don't have a soda stream, but I've looked on Amazon and it seems there are many other companies that make equipment that does the exact same thing that cost a lot less to purchase,.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:44 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't have a soda stream, but I've looked on Amazon and it seems there are many other companies that make equipment that does the exact same thing that cost a lot less to purchase,.
can you give an example? I looked on Amazon for "soda makers" and almost all of them are Soda Stream or clones (that are just as expensive).

Old 09-13-2019, 10:13 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I have the Soda Stream Penguin. It uses glass bottles and I love it. I don't use their soda mixes. I found a cheap alternative. Those little SF flavor packets, they look like tubes, meant to be added to bottled water. I buy them at the dollar store. Crush, A&W, they are great!

Old 09-15-2019, 11:55 AM

837 posts, read 1,710,728 times
I've been using my Soda Stream a couple times a week for about five years. I got tired of hauling in the seltzer bottles from the grocery store. I only put filtered water in my Soda Stream bottles. Be careful about continuing carbonation after light on unit shows full carbonation--could get an explosion.

After carbonation, I add flavors to the glass. Two favorites are True Citrus flavors and Flavor Essence unsweetened natural flavors--both available from Amazon or their own websites. Or, sometimes I add herbal tea. The Soda Stream flavors are meh.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:38 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,431,142 times
treeluvr, you have a light on your unit??? We do not.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:56 PM

23,597 posts, read 70,402,242 times
I've used one for years. Before that I had a "Patriot" unit that did the same thing, but wasn't built as ruggedly as the SodaStream. I use distilled water in mine and I think I might have washed a bottle three months ago. The combination of distilled water, the CO2, and not adding anything else to the bottle keeps it clean. I drink it straight or mix 1/5 grape or grapefruit juice and 4/5 carbonated water in a glass, or an adult drink.

A tip if you like your water highly carbonated - chill the water as cold as you can (think time in the freezer) BEFORE adding the carbonation. Cold water holds more CO2. I keep a couple of litre tonic water bottles around and decant into those if I am going to be traveling. The mixer nozzles on some fast food soda machines can be nasty.

Seltzer is simple carbonated water. Differing taste comes from the mineral content of the water. Be aware that club soda is NOT seltzer, but has baking soda in it and a higher sodium content.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
treeluvr, you have a light on your unit??? We do not.
Not all models have the same bells and whistles.

I've had mine since 2012, and I don't know if it's even a model made anymore, but they all hold the same canisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink