Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 09:04 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times

Advertisements

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...ge-2/#comments

Before you blow this off as junk lawsuit, read the comments.

If you bought one of these pans, I invite you to share your experience.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 10:46 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
I believe it, Tristar made the Power Pressure Cooker XL and it's nonstick pan started peeling the second time I used it.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
All I know is that this cookware, sold at Walmart, Target, Kohls, BB&B, etc. seems to be very popular. And reviews, on sites other than the manufacturer's , are 4- and 5-star. Some love them, and some hate them. That the manufacturer isn't honoring a warranty, is a different story.

I don't know what's so illuminating about the comments. They can be seen anywhere: food stuck, the coating peeled (after one day), I'm not using them--oh, and "add my name to the suit."

As for the class action, add this one to those involving Sharp Microwave fires, Kenmore, Frigidaire, and Whirlpool dishwasher fires, and LG dryer fires--to name a few.

Buyer beware.

Old 09-12-2019, 04:57 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
I don't care. I grew up in a house which probably had a serious radon problem. It had lead pipes, lead paint, and crumbling asbestos pipe wrap. If you don't like your cookware, stop using it. Return it or throw it out.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:29 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
My sister has them and loves them. When I visit, I love cooking with them, and have been thinking about getting some for myself.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:41 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I don't care. I grew up in a house which probably had a serious radon problem. It had lead pipes, lead paint, and crumbling asbestos pipe wrap.

If you don't like your cookware, stop using it. Return it or throw it out.
I'm sorry, was it ok to belly laugh at this...too funny. Couldn't rep you again.
At least you didn't mention all your food was cooked in aluminum pans for decades, too!

I have 2- square and round fry pans.
I use low heat, they are easy to clean...haven't had an issue...don't use them all the time.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:39 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times
Well, I wouldn't buy cookware at Walmart and expect much in the way of quality.

I cook on cast iron and stainless steel frying pans and Farberware pots. Never had a lick of trouble. My oldest pan is a cast iron frying pan that's probably 80 years old by now. Most of my Farberware pots are at least 40 years old.

Once you learn how to cook, you will see that "non-stick" stuff is unnecessary, and I've never seen any of it that wouldn't fail sooner or later. You put a coating on a cooking surface, and it's going to come off sooner or later. Instead of spending your money on this nonsense, get some good old fashioned tools and learn how to use them properly.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:21 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post

I cook on cast iron and stainless steel frying pans and Farberware pots. Never had a lick of trouble. My oldest pan is a cast iron frying pan that's probably 80 years old by now. Most of my Farberware pots are at least 40 years old.

Once you learn how to cook, you will see that "non-stick" stuff is unnecessary, and I've never seen any of it that wouldn't fail sooner or later. You put a coating on a cooking surface, and it's going to come off sooner or later. Instead of spending your money on this nonsense, get some good old fashioned tools and learn how to use them properly.
I use cast iron too, but I have non-stick pan because for some things there is nothing comparable, they aren't a gadget, chefs in Michelin star restaurants use them. They are superb for searing scallops and browning wonton and trust me, I do not need to learn to cook

Old 09-12-2019, 09:23 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,876 times
The two bigger ones (square, round) are okay...the small round pan (8 inches?) is so not nonstick it might as well be stainless steel.

All bought off Amazon, not WM.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:54 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post

Actually, I do like having one non stick pan for eggs. But I would never want all non stick pans. They aren’t practical. For one thing you really do need to use higher heat sometimes. When you use non stick pans on higher heat, you speed their degradation. Every non stick fry pan I’ve ever had, at whatever price point, has deteriorated even with good care.

My T-fal, bought for a song at Ross 6 years ago, and babied all those years needs to be replaced. I have bought a replacement. I absolutely hate having to replace these pans, but the fact is I use them almost daily at breakfast.

The copper ones seem gimicky to me. I bought another T-fal because it works well on induction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink