Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 01:14 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times

Advertisements

green peas
turnips
brussel sprouts
tofu
plain yogurt (I do like Greek yogurt though)
tripe
chicken livers
runny eggs
chicken feet, pigs feet, any feet
licorice
tongue
water chestnuts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 01:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
What comes to mind now-- sauerkraut or anything w/ cabbage (I can't look at the stuff or smell it, yuck) and kidney, lima or butter beans (never outgrew my hatred for them as a child).
love sauerkraut on a Rubin sandwich or in a sauerkraut salad and all beans are great in a nice bean salad.I used to love lima beans but have to admit, not much anymore

Old 09-24-2019, 01:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
green peas
turnips
brussel sprouts
tofu
tripe
chicken livers
runny eggs
licorice
tongue
water chestnuts
Now that I think harder there are some things I really won't even try or should say eat again but not that many:

animal feet regardless of what animal
tripe
tongue

as a child we had tongue about twice a year I guess: that is one of the few times i would go without eating meat..I hated it.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:13 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
Easy! The stench of Indian food makes me heave; I certainly don't need to actually eat it to know full well that I loathe it intensely.

I can detect it at least a block away where it is conncocted, ugh!
Quote:
PS.......sorry for the typo.
Okay, I have to ask....

Why create a second, separate post to point out your typo exactly one minute after your initial post, rather than just editing that first post and simply correcting the typo?

Old 09-24-2019, 02:43 PM

11,085 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Eggs, liver, sushi, brussel sprouts, cauliflower

Old 09-24-2019, 02:44 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Now that I think harder there are some things I really won't even try or should say eat again but not that many:

animal feet regardless of what animal
tripe
tongue

as a child we had tongue about twice a year I guess: that is one of the few times i would go without eating meat..I hated it.
ive heard of this before...… and met a couple ladies who do not like the tongue....

my father liked the pickled tongues and some other innard in the glass jars...but we kids weren't forced to eat it

Old 09-24-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
green peas
turnips
brussel sprouts
tofu
tripe
chicken livers
runny eggs
licorice
tongue
water chestnuts
another pea hater

Old 09-24-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
So I'm not the only parsnip-hater! Good to know.

I'm sorry to say that I've actually eaten, or attempted to eat, everything I mentioned in my earlier post. All of them are gag-worthy as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure there are many more that would cause me to have the same reaction. I just stuck to the ones that I knew first-hand were in the "never" category. Those brought back enough bad memories for now without speculating on other revolting possibilities.

For anyone wondering, here they are again:

Any organ meat
Feet and hooves of any origin
Any raw meat or fish
Parsnips - the only vegetable I've ever met that I absolutely can't abide
Under cooked eggs - they must be hard cooked or over-hard or whatever it's called
bad memories...… I had those too

"eat til you clean your plate and go to your room"

I tried to save some gravy from my mashed potato and would ..swirl the gravy in with the squash or turnip ….and try to feed it to the dog.... even the dog would spit the turnip out..

or try to excuse myself.....from the table with a mouthful of the evil veggies I didn't like...
when I got to the bathroom...I spit it all out in the throne ..

Old 09-24-2019, 02:58 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
to the people who hate peas, have you ever had them fresh from the garden, barely cooked, with a little butter and salt? Or are we talking strictly canned peas, which are pretty vile.

I'm a bit surprised at how many hate parsnips, they are like a sweet carrot to my taste buds.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Easy! The stench of Indian food makes me heave; I certainly don't need to actually eat it to know full well that I loathe it intensely.

I can detect it at least a block away where it is conncocted, ugh!
I cannot eat curry to this day ….
I went to an indian buffet at sandals resort on montego bay on my honeymoon......and got a severe case of the runs after the first meal...
from the curry indian food...…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink