Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 06:13 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,114,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have been cooking all day, and I think all the hard stuff is done, but I think I'm getting too old for hosting the family. It'll probably be like childbirth though, by next year I will have forgotten.
Happy Holidays, Foodie Friends.
I turned the reins over to my DD at Thanksgiving she turned them back to me. We settle on ham sandwiches & a bunch of different hors d'oeuvre then desserts. One of her 20 something friends asked me "what is an hors d'oevre" I told her she said "oh appetizers". Reckon I'm showing my age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 07:15 PM

26,144 posts, read 19,696,650 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
I just ordered some more CLEAR VALUE MAC AND CHEESE Happy in Wyoming!!

Ill probably get it in a couple weeks I hope....
Still waiting for my mac and cheese 3 months later

The lady I sent the cheque to was TRANSFERRED and its been NOT EASY trying to get it...... I keep in touch with her..... She supposedly went to her old store and got the cheque and was gonna order it and have her husband ship it out straight away.... That was last week........ I dunno

Old 12-26-2014, 01:38 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,720,566 times
I understand how difficult it can be to give up something that you love. Processed food items' recipes can change or even worse be discontinued. While you are waiting, have you considered trying or making an alternative?

I loved Breyer's yogurt but it was discontinued. I still buy yogurt but without the gusto that I did when I purchased Breyer's. Eventually, the memory will fade.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:04 PM

You should not let good things go easily BECAUSE ALL THATS LEFT IS GARBAGE!!!!!!

You should fight as much as you can to keep what you love alive!!

I HATE WHAT THIS WORLD HAS BECOME...... A DISGUSTING VOID!! - NOTHING PURE LEFT,NOTHING GOOD LEFT.....

I REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS BEAUTIFUL HERE.......... (In the 80s things started going to crap (digital,etc) and havent stopped...........)

Old 12-27-2014, 06:02 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
now most of us are recovered from Christmas. We even have most of our gifts put away and I cleaned the pantry yesterday. What is happening for most on NYs? We are going nowhere, will be glued to the TV and the football games from now til after the first of the year. NYeve, we are having crab legs and lobster claws. NY day, I have no idea but usually we have ham. Some years I have just set out all the left overs from christmas, including the left over appetizers, desserts and whatever is still in the fridge that hasn't spoiled.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:59 AM

23,900 posts, read 10,269,303 times
No leftovers, Christmas got boxed up for net year, as to be expected in-laws and out-laws gripe out their presents, clean fridge/pantry. I asked SO to please keep my tongue in check and not let me speak impromptu invitations for New Year's Eve. Pizza, merlot, fireplace old movie maybe a cat or two.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:01 PM

Smile I am so happy!!!

MY CLEAR VALUE MAC AND CHEESE CAME TODAY!!!!!!

I had ordered more in October and the lady happen to be transferred to a different location and the checqe got misplaced,etc........ I kept after her @ her new store ever since to PLEASE DO THIS..... I didnt know why it was taking so long (It almost seemed like she didnt wanna do it this time,i felt horrible.......)

ITS THE SAME AS IT WAS LAST TIME I HAD IT 2 YEARS AGO,THEY DIDNT CHANGE THE RECIPE WHICH I AM AMAZED AT SEEING THE GOVT IS RUINING OUR FOOD!!! (Lower sodium,lower sugar,etc -- STUFF TASTES LIKE CRAP)

I am amazed they havent touched this!!!!! (Yet anyway)

THE BEST TASTING MAC AND CHEESE I HAVE HAD SINCE KRAFT RUINED THIERS!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:06 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,104,781 times
I bought some asparagus on sale today - it must be in season. I always make it the same way: fried - uh, sauteed - in butter or oil, until it's well-cooked but still has a bit of fight left in it. Then salt it heavily. So good ...... it doesn't need to be cooked with anything else like in a casserole ...... the natural flavor shouldn't be masked.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:31 AM

19,957 posts, read 29,996,781 times
I was in a grocery store yesterday, and noticed a "reduced" rack for produce, I bought 6 oranges for one dollar,,,seedless and tasty,,,

also 6 apples for one dollar,,, some may have blemishes but they are fine,,

they also have bundles of bananas for 19 cents lb
I bought them

look for these reduced racks,,,,some great buys!!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:07 PM

Thumbs down *

HERSHEYS CHOCOLATE SYRUP

I used to LOVE this stuff and lately it seems like its gone down hill!!!!

Starting with MOST of the bottles marked 6/2016 and after (Expiration date) it isnt as sweet as it was.... I dont know if they have lowered the sugar or what but its gross!!!!!

I am trying to experiment tonight,I added some sugar in and its tastes little better..

THEY DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE BOTTLES so I assume they are "experimenting" themselves to see if anyone complains before they offically change the bottle.......

I BETTER DO JUST THAT I GUESS IF I DONT WANNA LOSE IT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink