Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 06:40 PM

26,144 posts, read 19,696,650 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a CHOCOLATE SYRUP mix that is AS GOOD AS HERSHEYS CHOCOLATE SYRUP was 2 years ago??

They changed it and it does not taste good @ all...... Its thinner and disgusting and now they are replacing all of thier stuff with FAT FREE chocolate syrup bottles which willl taste aweful....... I USED TO LOVE THIS STUFF FOR YEARS AND THEY DO AND DO THIS!!!!!!!!

They changed it sometime last year as the last GOOD bottles were stamped 6/2016 (Expiration date) Before 6/2016 it was thier original formula and it was delicious!!!!

Recently I found one of those smaller metal cans stamped 12/2014 and it was delicious!!!!!

Anyone here like chocolate Milk like I do and know of something BETTER thanc what hersheys has become??

Muchos Gracious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 07:58 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,800,894 times
Maybe whole foods or a place like that?

Old 05-23-2016, 04:50 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,752,547 times
Ghirardelli chocolate syrup.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:40 PM

Thank you for that guys

I wonder if emailing hershays and complaining MIGHT work? (I mean many ppl doing it)

Old 05-26-2016, 02:37 AM

I found a store brand instant chocolate drink mix (Powder) that is pretty delicious!! (I hope it doesnt get changed now that I have discovered I love it (uugghh))

Old 05-26-2016, 11:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,259,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I found a store brand instant chocolate drink mix (Powder) that is pretty delicious!! (I hope it doesnt get changed now that I have discovered I love it (uugghh))
Mind sharing the name of the product?

Chocolate sauce, btw, is the easiest thing in the world to make. You can have it finished in less time than it takes to run to the store with a few basic ingredients.

1/2 cup cocoa powder (I prefer Dutch processed, like Droste or Rodelle.)
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Mix the cocoa and water in a saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve the cocoa. Add the sugar, and stir to dissolve. Boil for three minutes over medium heat. Be careful not to let it get too hot and boil over. Add the salt and the vanilla. Let cool. Pour into a clean glass jar, and store in the fridge. Keeps for several months, but trust me it will gone before then. Yields two cups.

Last edited by randomparent; 05-26-2016 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Edited for salt quantity. Thanks, Debsi!

Old 05-26-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent
Mind sharing the name of the product?
OOPS Im sorry...

Its price chopper brand,I dunno if you have one there or not.... (A price chopper) it just says "INSTANT CHOCOLATE DRINK MIX" on the carton.......

They have an easy recipe listed on the side for chocolate Syrup also..... But This powder (cocoa) is good by itself (Well mixed with Milk that is)

Old 09-14-2016, 09:06 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,190,784 times
Default "I got you a surprise" (not really for me)

Almost every time I hear "I got you a surprise" and it's food, it's something that was on clearance that HE really wants (because he has very little self control around food). And he and I have different taste. Basically he eats anything - especially if it's on clearance. I try to be particular. If I'm going to take in all those calories, by golly, it's going to be something I LOVE. EX: I'm not a blueberry muffin, etc, fan. I have nothing against blueberries but it will never be my choice of muffins, pastries, etc. I don't mind that he ALWAYS buys blueberry. As long as he doesn't mind eating the whole package himself.

So I get home (from an excruciatingly long road trip) and he says "I got you something, look on top of the fridge." It was apple cider cake donut holes - or round balls of donut, whatever. I ate one. Nothing even remotely tasted like apple cider. Just donut. I would never ever choose those if I were looking for fat-pills.

I'm not going to play along anymore. He complains about his weight - which I've asked him to stop because he continues to eat. He headed out to work on his daughter's car and I suggested he take the donut thingies along so he can share them with his daughter, her sister, her sister's 4yr old....
"why don't you want them?"
"because I don't like them. I'd never buy them myself"
"I didn't know you were so picky. You always talk about donuts at work"
I did a quick rundown on the kinds of donuts I ALWAYS buy myself (not frequently)...seems they normally involve chocolate. I'm female, after all.

I've told him in the past: Don't tell me you bought something for me when it's something I'd never want and it's just an excuse for you to be able to eat it.

Sorry about the rant. I guess, bottom line: Don't buy food as a "surprise" for someone unless it's something (1) you know they love OR (2) it's something exotic that they'd never think of trying (like Turkish Delight).

How ungrateful does that sound? It's just something that happens a LOT. And he needs to lose weight so he buys it under the guise of "for me". Oh well. I'll keep him anyway.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:35 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,856,529 times
You're forgiven for the rant.
It sounds like he has little self control regarding food, and is telling himself he's buying it for you so he doesn't feel guilty for buying it.
My husband doesn't need treats either, but I see empty chip bags in the garbage now and then. Luckily for me he doesn't bring it into the house. He knows I can't resist chips.
He also uses an excuse. He has a thyroid problem, so he says his weight is controlled totally by his synthroid and he has no control over it.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:07 PM

32,484 posts, read 47,425,133 times
Just my life experience, but every gift bought "just for me" has always been something he wanted for himself. It's not just food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink