Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 03:49 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I haven't been to the actual forums for over a month! Just been reading my subscribed threads. Wow.

If you plant your squash or other prickly vine plants between the corn rows coons will not bother your corn. They don't like the prickly stuff on their feet.
Hi Jaxson! Survivor will be here before we know it.
The raccoons sure love my tomatoes!! And they have an opossum friend! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay out of my pumpkin patch because I would cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
It's a 5 acre patch, planted with a 20? row corn planter. Squash between the rows is not really an option, when the farmer decided to plant, at the side of the field corn. We just need to be ready, to work fast......
Oops you are right I didn't take 5 acres into consideration sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Hi Jaxson! Survivor will be here before we know it.
The raccoons sure love my tomatoes!! And they have an opossum friend! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay out of my pumpkin patch because I would cry.
Hi we are ready so ready~ has a new Survivor thread started yet? I put moth balls around my garden worked well to keep the coons out for us.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 PM

188 posts, read 423,733 times
Al's Beef has this...this something that I can't place. Portillo's can't touch it. Pop's hasn't got a prayer. I think, maybe it's corriander? Huh.

I don't know, dude.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,414,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
OK, I'm lost here.......Family here for a few days and I haven't been on CD very much., I looked for our Come into Our Kitchen thread and I can't find it. Of course I have taken the time to search on past pages but it's not there either. Guess I'll have to further my searching. But any way, I just wanted to sit at the kitchen table and share some of the foods we had at my Grandson's B-Day party Saturday and some of our fun. Is this where I should do this now?

Lacey and crazy, did y'all just change the name and not tell me????? Well, off to research time and find you.
Well, let me know if you find it, cause I'm lost too Haven't been on all weekend and everything changes.

We want to hear about your party and the food so hope you find it quick I'm still looking

Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
cyns Dinner thread and the Kitchen thread are no longer here on C-D.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
cyns Dinner thread and the Kitchen thread are no longer here on C-D.
How come? I just found the Kitchen one and when I went to post again, it's disappeared. Do you know why?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:25 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Many people enjoyed both threads....

Old 08-18-2009, 09:51 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Just inventoried the food supply. Sure wish I liked grocery shopping, LOL! Found a new "4 pack" of ziplock freezer bags, (from Sam;s Club) in the pantry, so I got to cross one item off the list!
I loathe grocery shopping, if only it was as fun as eating !

The only time I don't mind doing it is when we are on holidays and sampling foreign delights. Foreign supermarkets can be great fun , especially if you don't speak one word of the language.....

I wanted to ask everyone here something about French food. I am French and of course to me there is nothing even remotely exotic about French food, it is really quite basic.

I was surprised recently when an American friend of mine told me there was no way he could ever drag his father to a French restaurant ( I had recommended they tried Anthony Bourdain's "Les Halles" in NYC whilst visisting the city) as he hated foreign food. It made me wonder whether many Americans do view French food as something a bit weird and outlandish ?!?

French food is in many ways like real regional Italian food and I always thought Americans loved Italian food . Some French food is very fine but most of it is basically a lot of excellent and very varied peasant dishes and I never really thought about it being odd in any way .

Old 08-18-2009, 11:00 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
This has got to be talked about once and for all---I am now hearing that I am the reason for these two food threads, my dinner thread and the kitchen thread were closed. Supposedly I was complaining to the mods...wrong!! Baretta you will probably delete this post but if you do please make a sticky as to the reasons these threads were closed so maybe we can go back to happily posting once again!! I do not appreciate being wrongly accused!!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:17 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I wanted to ask everyone here something about French food. I am French and of course to me there is nothing even remotely exotic about French food, it is really quite basic.

I was surprised recently when an American friend of mine told me there was no way he could ever drag his father to a French restaurant ( I had recommended they tried Anthony Bourdain's "Les Halles" in NYC whilst visisting the city) as he hated foreign food. It made me wonder whether many Americans do view French food as something a bit weird and outlandish ?!?

French food is in many ways like real regional Italian food and I always thought Americans loved Italian food . Some French food is very fine but most of it is basically a lot of excellent and very varied peasant dishes and I never really thought about it being odd in any way .
I don't think of it as odd either, but I enjoy a variety of cuisines so I may not be the majority. I know several people that won't even branch out into Italian food.

I will be in NYC next May so I'll add Les Halles to my list. I already have Hubert Keller's Sleek in St. Louis and Burger Bar in Las Vegas on my must visit list. I will be in St. Louis in the next month or so. Can't wait! However, I will not be sampling the Fleur Burger! LOL I love watcing Hubert on PBS and now on Top Chef Master's. I'm hoping that he and Rick Bayless are the final two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink