Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 03:04 AM

10,887 posts, read 7,366,706 times

Advertisements

My husband often offers his opinion on my cooking. I tell him, "Shut up and eat your slop."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 05:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
I see 2 options here: 1-tell him, like we did our kids, eat it and don't complain or go to bed without dinner or what my daughter told her kids, if you don't like it fix your own dinner. Either works or better yet, what I do with spoiled brat, I do try to fix him what he likes. He does know this after being married almost 59 years, so when I decide it is my way tonight he handles it pretty well.
BTW: I too love the white sauces. And I have to say, in our case spoiled brat has come along way in what he will eat. I guess when you are raised on overcooked everything and a very limited selection with no spices to marry someone who majored in foods and nutrition is an adjustment. We came from totally different backgrounds. Thank goodness he realized mine was more fun than his.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:46 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Haha. I see I'm not alone.
I have someone far worse to compare him to, so that helps. One of his friends has food preferences that are almost incomprehensible, like, likes spaghetti sauce, but no chunks of tomato. Likes lemon pie, but not lemons. Hates vegetables, except canned vegetables. Would not touch a salad.
Now, a man like that, I could not stand, unless he was very rich.
Tonight, it will be meatloaf. Jokingly called, his favorite thing. Another thing he professes not to like, but eats a ton of it.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:23 PM

24,467 posts, read 10,793,748 times
SO has come a long ways and so have I. I do not bother him with Brussel Sprouts anymore and he quit asking me to eat a steak. I do not get the thrill of chicken wings but make them and he refuses tomatoes but plants and pampers them for me. Sometimes I get a "can we have that again". The most recent one was Scooby Snacks - nibbles of cheese, fruit, hard salami around home made very spicy flax crackers.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:35 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,179,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Haha. I see I'm not alone.
I have someone far worse to compare him to, so that helps. One of his friends has food preferences that are almost incomprehensible, like, likes spaghetti sauce, but no chunks of tomato. Likes lemon pie, but not lemons. Hates vegetables, except canned vegetables. Would not touch a salad.
Now, a man like that, I could not stand, unless he was very rich.
Tonight, it will be meatloaf. Jokingly called, his favorite thing. Another thing he professes not to like, but eats a ton of it.
Or give him the option 'if you don't like or complain about what I cook then it is your turn to do the dishes'. I like that option.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:49 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Or give him the option 'if you don't like or complain about what I cook then it is your turn to do the dishes'. I like that option.
If she cooks, then he should be doing the dishes anyway.

One of my coworkers is married to a food phobic like that. She once described how, when she bought the wrong kind of spaghetti sauce, she strained out the veggie chunks so that her husband would eat it. We were all looking at her like This is a grown man who is freaking out about tomato chunks. In tomato sauce. He might be wearing it if it were my guy.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-18-2017 at 04:00 PM..

Old 07-18-2017, 04:29 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

One of my coworkers is married to a food phobic like that. She once described how, when she bought the wrong kind of spaghetti sauce, she strained out the veggie chunks so that her husband would eat it. We were all looking at her like This is a grown man who is freaking out about tomato chunks. In tomato sauce. He might be wearing it if it were my guy.
I know, right. I would not put up with that.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:19 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,793,767 times
My daughter has it down to a fine science. Her husband does the cooking and the dish washing. She'll volunteer to work on the truck engine though.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:14 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,490,654 times
Quote:

That is someone who should own an immersion blender.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:11 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:

Wearing it was always an option. While I'm usually a very calm person, I can only suck up so much up before I have to pop. You don't want to be in the room when that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink