Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 12:33 PM

1,579 posts, read 929,623 times

Advertisements

I feel like this is a crazy question and that it can't be done, but it never hurts to ask. I tried Google, but I can't find anything like I am thinking to do.

I was out of town most of the weekend and just drove back today. I stopped about an hour from my home at a place I know has fried that I like chicken. I ordered a few pieces of fried tenders and left. The plan was to have them for dinner tonight.

I just noticed that the restaurant gave me a spicy version of their fried chicken. I tried a piece and it's way too spicy for my liking. A little spice is okay, but this overpowers the chicken flavor and is all I can taste. I really wanted regular chicken (and the place is too far away to go back). I think most of the spice is in the breading.

I am thinking of scraping the breading off, re-breading it, and frying it again to heat it up (just enough to heat it up and make the outside crispy again). Has anyone ever done anything like this and do you have any tips? I am hoping that won't dry it out too much or make the chicken tough.

Last edited by WalkingLiberty1919D; 06-21-2020 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 07:35 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,942,450 times
No.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:48 PM

127,896 posts, read 11,794,511 times
You could probably pull the breading off & make chicken salad, but I would not cook it again.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:14 PM

61,170 posts, read 85,998,837 times
Repurpose the chicken, but don't redo the breading and fry.

WARNING! When you strip the chicken of breading you might be shocked by the actual size of the meat.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:14 PM

Thanks for the tips. I had a feeling recooking it wouldn't work. But there are tricks to cooking that I don't know, so I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:23 PM

16,362 posts, read 30,074,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post

I just noticed that the restaurant gave me a spicy version of their fried chicken. I tried a piece and it's way too spicy for my liking. A little spice is okay, but this overpowers the chicken flavor and is all I can taste. I really wanted regular chicken (and the place is too far away to go back). I think most of the spice is in the breading.

I am thinking of scraping the breading off, re-breading it, and frying it again to heat it up (just enough to heat it up and make the outside crispy again). Has anyone ever done anything like this and do you have any tips? I am hoping that won't dry it out too much or make the chicken tough.

Personally, I would reheat it by covering the chicken with a mild BBQ sauce or a chicken gravy.

Old 06-21-2020, 11:40 PM

20,331 posts, read 4,253,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Personally, I would reheat it by covering the chicken with a mild BBQ sauce or a chicken gravy.
This is the best course of action other than cutting the chicken for a salad.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:53 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,057,468 times
I have used leftover already cooked chicken , breaded and fried it...came out great.
Since the breading will crisp up fast and the meat only needs heating,I fried it hotter and faster than if raw...couple of minutes.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:12 PM

20,825 posts, read 28,159,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
Thanks for the tips. I had a feeling recooking it wouldn't work. But there are tricks to cooking that I don't know, so I figured it didn't hurt to ask.
dip the tenders in blue cheese dressing to offset the spice

Old 06-23-2020, 03:37 PM

I figured I would give everyone an update just in case you were wondering how things went.

The first night I just heated the tenders up in a toaster oven after scraping off about half of the breading. Then I put honey on top and ate them that way. They were still a little too spicy, but they were good (I love hot honey chicken).

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I have used leftover already cooked chicken , breaded and fried it...came out great.
Since the breading will crisp up fast and the meat only needs heating,I fried it hotter and faster than if raw...couple of minutes.
After I ate the hot honey dinner I saw this post. I still had chicken left for another meal so tonight I scraped all the breading off, dipped the tenders in egg, rolled them in corn meal and flour, dipped in egg again, rolled, and then heated them up for about 5 minutes in hot oil to fry them a little.

They were actually pretty good. They were a little on the dry side, but not like you might expect. I loved them.

Thanks for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink