Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2021, 10:39 PM

38,880 posts, read 22,864,124 times

Advertisements

Chinese barbecued pork with brown rice and steamed vegetables.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 10:57 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,798 times
A half pound burger with sharp cheddar cheese, mac salad and sautéed bell peppers.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:50 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,998,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Tonight thick black bean soup with celery and carrots.To drink lassi.For dessert 1/2 a pink grapefruit.
Mango lassi is a wonderful memory from a lovely Indian restaurant in Cambridge decades ago. I worked across the street... those lunches were the best.

I'm finally back to a fairly normal diet. Still restrictive, but for the last leg of trial & error (probably 2-3 mos)... no spices, nuts, sugar, alcohol or carbs... but, what I can eat is at least enough to have a proper meal.

For me, dinner was a large, rare, crispy on the outside ribeye, pan fried in olive oil & fresh thyme sprigs with a side of homemade veggie "pizza"... the dough was made from pureed veggies, egg & a bit of besan flour. Tough & tedious to do cuz I only have a hand blender... it was worth it. Water with juice from a whole Meyer lemon & fresh basil leaves to drink... that was awesome, too.

Old 03-30-2021, 03:01 AM

4,936 posts, read 3,312,269 times
Chicken drumsticks with pineapple and soy sauce.
Mashed potatoes and mashed carrots mixed with a little creme fraiche.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:30 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,601,408 times
Greek lentil soup and Greek salad.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:00 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Mango lassi is a wonderful memory from a lovely Indian restaurant in Cambridge decades ago. I worked across the street... those lunches were the best.

I'm finally back to a fairly normal diet. Still restrictive, but for the last leg of trial & error (probably 2-3 mos)... no spices, nuts, sugar, alcohol or carbs... but, what I can eat is at least enough to have a proper meal.

For me, dinner was a large, rare, crispy on the outside ribeye, pan fried in olive oil & fresh thyme sprigs with a side of homemade veggie "pizza"... the dough was made from pureed veggies, egg & a bit of besan flour. Tough & tedious to do cuz I only have a hand blender... it was worth it. Water with juice from a whole Meyer lemon & fresh basil leaves to drink... that was awesome, too.
Can you eat cauliflower crust? They sell them premade at Walmart and TJs (I'm sure other places too).

But glad you are almost done with the omission diet, I know that must have been miserable. I never made it past the rice phase.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-30-2021, 11:52 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
Tonight we are having spicy fish tacos with pico, slaw and homemade fish sauce; refried beans topped with chow-chow and cheddar; guacamole and chips; and watermelon margaritas.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:37 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Not really in a cooking mood. Defrosted some Pho broth, will add TJs chicken wontons, rice noodle, and raid the garden for spinach, green onions, kale and the last of the turnip greens, add cilantro.
I forgot radishes and their greens. I'm scrounging for ingredients...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 03-30-2021 at 03:15 PM..

Old 03-30-2021, 01:21 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,411,860 times
Tonight I dine out in style at El Campanario under the first full moon of spring 2021. Argentinian filet from the grill. Baked potato, steamed veggies and fresh baguette with herb butter.

On the stroll back I'll stop at Pelicanos on the beach for a dessert of ttembleque, jiggly, rich coconut pudding and cinnamon.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:13 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,998,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Can you eat cauliflower crust? They sell them premade at Walmart and TJs (I'm sure other places too).

But glad you are almost done with the omission diet, I know that must have been miserable. I never made it past the rice phase.
Thx for asking, M & TY for the recommendation. I can eat cauliflower, even though I dislike it. Made my own crust with it. Checked the WMart prepared crust & it looks like this...

Ingredients: Cauliflower, Brown Rice Flour, Rice Flour, Water, Corn Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sunflower Oil, Egg, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Xanthan Gum, Sugar, Yeast, Vinegar, Salt. Contains: Egg.

Trader Joe's ingredients list looks better, but contains things I can't eat just yet...:
CAULIFLOWER, CORN FLOUR, WATER, CORNSTARCH, POTATO STARCH, OLIVE OIL, SALT. MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF MILK.

I can't risk it... have come too far, with such incredible reactions that I almost went to the ER twice... & have been away from here for weeks cuz I've been so ill with food reactions, so I want to be ridiculously cautious. But, thank you... i'll have to check out Trader Joe's when this diet is over.

In the meantime, I think I'll have to cobble together my own recipe for future "pizzas".

For me, I had 4 thin pieces of flounder, fried in coconut oil & fresh thyme sprigs, then sprinkled with HSalt & Meyer lemon juice when done. It was so wonderful to have real food I like, I almost fainted from sheer joy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink