Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 09:32 AM

7,236 posts, read 4,546,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I think these threads would go better if people would just accept that what works for one group of people won’t work for another. If there was one size fits all diet plan, wouldn’t we all have done it already?
I don't understand why people respond to poo poo something they haven't tried. Many posted here to say they wouldn't try or consider it.

If their ignorant mind is so made up why do they even post? Because they want to discourage anyone from trying or learning about it and thus they are the ones that won't accept that what works for one group won't work for another.

Quote:
No one misconceives anything

And yes there were several posts here where it was obvious the poster didn't know anything about it and was making unwarranted assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 12:51 PM

11,050 posts, read 6,639,868 times
I've been doing one meal a day for years.

I just don't enjoy eating very much, and find it all a big hassle.

And I never get hungry no matter what and have a very slow metabolism.

Even the mere thought of 3 meals a day, snacking and all that, revolts me.

I haven't noticed any health or weight loss benefits, but I've read that many do reap benefits eating this way.

To each his own! I'm sure we are saving some grocery money.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:09 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
My father, who was heavy as a child and teenager, was normal weight by the time I was born, and I can only remember him eating one meal a day -- which, by the way, we thought was weird has he// in the age of "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" and the dawn of all-day snacking.

I have memories of him calling my mother at lunchtime and putting in his "order" (what he was craving for dinner; he was obviously thinking about it), and there always had to be dessert: a pie or cake. I'm old enough that this was OKAY since my mother was a full-time homemaker and a darned good one! Then he fully relished the evening meal and dessert, praising the wonderful cooking and baking, as I find I do now, and that was his eating for the day. He always said he was never hungry, and we never believed him. But now that my insulin, ghrelin, and leptin are under control thanks to my two months of IF, I know exactly what he meant...

I'm certainly not trying to recruit anyone to IF or tout a "diet" (IF isn't, and this isn't the dieting forum, although you can and do lose weight on it). I'm simply sharing a delightful new to me - although ancient - way to enjoy food.

Last edited by otterhere; 03-20-2021 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-20-2021, 05:17 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
I do OMAD,have for years,and do not lose weight on it. I wonder what happened.

Old 03-20-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do OMAD,have for years,and do not lose weight on it. I wonder what happened.
Do you clean fast the rest of the time (only water, black coffee, or plain tea)? It's possible to overeat in an OMAD; you're supposed to eat your day's caloric allowance - no less, but no more.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:25 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Do you clean fast the rest of the time (only water, black coffee, or plain tea)? It's possible to overeat in an OMAD; you're supposed to eat your day's caloric allowance - no less, but no more.
Yes I do eat clean for the remainder of the time. I eat about 1700 calories in one sitting. Then that is it for the day.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yes I do eat clean for the remainder of the time. I eat about 1700 calories in one sitting. Then that is it for the day.
You EAT clean or FAST clean? What's your daily caloric requirement? I mean, there are other reasons to practice IF than weight loss, but... I assume you find it beneficial in other ways since you're still doing it even without that as an added benefit.

Old 03-20-2021, 10:18 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I'm the opposite - a grazer. I like to eat small things throughout the day - eg, one hard boiled egg, then later a piece of fruit, etc. I certainly get enough calories, but it helps me avoid the hunger pains throughout the day.
I do that because I'm rarely hungry. I can deal with eating one egg, half a cup of soup, or half of a small sandwich. Eating a small amount of food causes me to feel full. If I had to consume all of the the calories that I could, was allowed, in a few hours period in any given 24 hours, I'd waste away to nothing.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:17 AM

3,690 posts, read 2,411,133 times
I did OMAD about 5 days per week for a few months.

I felt good.

Good for the body and brain, IMO.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:46 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I don't understand why people respond to poo poo something they haven't tried. Many posted here to say they wouldn't try or consider it.

If their ignorant mind is so made up why do they even post? Because they want to discourage anyone from trying or learning about it and thus they are the ones that won't accept that what works for one group won't work for another.

And yes there were several posts here where it was obvious the poster didn't know anything about it and was making unwarranted assumptions.
This is the reason why I don't like to post in this forum, too many trolls and people who rather negatively speak than try to share relevant and useful info.

I get so much better info and support from other health forums.

In this forum we have those people who are negative against all the newer dieting strategies.

I admit, prior to my keto diet journey I was very skeptical. But once I tried it, I can't go back to eating the so called "balanced" diet.

I can't even go back to eating more than 2 meals a day. OMAD is the best thing for me from a productivity and health standpoint.

So many successful people are using it as well. Like Jack Dorsey of Twitter he also only eats OMAD.

Of course we're gonna have trolls in this forum bash him or others that follow this diet strategy.

OMAD has been a game changer for me. I advocate anyone who wants to become productive, lose weight, gain energy, and be free from the daily time wasting routine of eating multiple meals.

If a POW in Vietnam hasn't eaten for days and doesn't get sick or dies. How can you die if you only eat one meal day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink