Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 06:15 PM

85 posts, read 32,075 times

Advertisements

I seldom ate out ~ I did last night just to be out with people without a mask ~ the employees still wore masks most of the patrons ate out side on the patio area ```

I'm not vaccinated ~ My understanding the common cold and the flu that is around every year are corona virus ~ and that we've never been able to successfully make a vaccine for a corona virus ~ people having received one of these vaccines should still be able to get the flu and the and any corona virus ~ that doesn't mean you'll get sick if you're in good nic, you you might not have a bad reaction ```

Old 05-02-2021, 06:32 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,090 times
We've eaten outside, weather permitting, since that became an option, last May, I think. We started out wearing face shields, but eating while wearing a face shield is not easy. We eventually gave up on the face shields. We'll both be 2 weeks post 2nd shot mid-week next week. I know I'll likely feel more comfortable going to stores where all are masked at that point. It'll be a long while before we'll be eating inside a restaurant, though.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:35 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
I seldom ate out ~ I did last night just to be out with people without a mask ~ the employees still wore masks most of the patrons ate out side on the patio area ```

I'm not vaccinated ~ My understanding the common cold and the flu that is around every year are corona virus ~ and that we've never been able to successfully make a vaccine for a corona virus ~ people having received one of these vaccines should still be able to get the flu and the and any corona virus ~ that doesn't mean you'll get sick if you're in good nic, you you might not have a bad reaction ```
The *flu* is an influenza virus.

The common cold is from a variety of different viruses, including coronavirus (different than Covid19).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-02-2021, 07:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
I'm also vaccinated against the flu for this year.

I've never had a bad reaction to a vaccine. Anywhere, anytime. I've also never gotten an illness I was vaccinated against, no, not even the flu with all it's variants. So I feel good about this COVID 19 vaccine too, even if I have to get a booster like I do every year for the flu. So what? I'll take it. I'll be fine and so will my family. That's my feeling.

Meanwhile I am LOVING getting back to a more normal life.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:57 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Are You Eating Out At Restaurants Again Post Covid? Yes.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:02 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,872,867 times
I ate in restaurants even before-post-Covid, even indoors if I could pull it off. I just had to know places to go to and/or have the right connections. It felt great. The illicit factor made the food taste better, but I most enjoyed breaking break with fellow human beings, a social bonding ritual as old as time. I was fine. My fellow diners were fine. Life went on.

All in all, little changed for me, other the number of cuisine choices. I ate in restaurants before, I'm doing it now. Still, I'm glad to openly dine in restaurants again. It feels relieving not to feel like a college freshman looking for a drink.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:48 AM

1,371 posts, read 667,420 times
We've decided to go for breakfast today to a favorite place pre COVID. They've always kept the place super clean, so I'm sure they are following precautions. It's a pretty big place too so they have ample room to socially distance. First time since March of 2020 eating in a restaurant.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:49 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
We've been getting takeout and eating out since May 2020.

Thank god I live in FL.

The only free-range state left.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:58 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,872,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
We've been getting takeout and eating out since May 2020.

Thank god I live in FL.

The only free-range state left.
Don't forget South Dakota; it was never locked down to begin with. Which is good. SD cuisine is rustic and meat-centric, but amazing: bierocks (handheld meat pies), chislic (roasted chunks of meat), and good old barbecue.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:10 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
And are you vaccinated or not?

I help elderly mom (both vaccinations a few months ago) and disabled brother (we finally both got 2nd shot 3 days ago).

I know most probably won't be like us, but we ate out today (on the patio) for the first time in over a year! Felt great getting closer to normal...the Huevos Rancheros were tasty that I got, and the omelets mom and bro got looked great! Crazy year...tired of cooking...We will go back there for $25 lobster Wednesday next week!
Been eating inside restaurants since May 1, 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink