Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 743 times

Advertisements

HHi friends, have you tried freezing bananas in the refrigerator? It’s very delicious. Just like ice cream, you can also try other fruits. I have tried bananas, grapes, and mangoes, which are very delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 10:19 PM

1,371 posts, read 668,082 times
I freeze bananas all the time, then thaw them to use for banana bread. I'm sure they would be good for smoothies or shakes as well. I freeze them with skin on, then that a bit and peel.

Old 06-27-2021, 10:25 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Yes. I freeze overripe bananas and use for pancakes.

Old 06-27-2021, 10:27 PM

182 posts, read 76,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBailey View Post
HHi friends, have you tried freezing bananas in the refrigerator? It’s very delicious. Just like ice cream, you can also try other fruits. I have tried bananas, grapes, and mangoes, which are very delicious.

Yes, they all taste better when cooled, or frozen.

For bananas, you can freeze any kind, but the best bananas to freeze is the Asian kind sale in the Asian markets cause they can hold their shapes better after being rolled and the juiced surface and hold the added-ins like coconut shredded better. Very simple to make this kind of dessert.

How to make them: First you put a large piece of plastic wrap over each banana then roll them flat with wood rolling pin, sprinkle one or both sides with the fresh shredded young coconut and the mixture of roasted salted sesame peanut( make with rolled roasted peanut, roasted sesame and a pinch of salt),wrap each in plastic, make sure the extras stay intact then put them separately in zip locks or separated by food plastic in a large plastic container and freeze them. Take them out when they got frozen, then you have a great dessert.

Likewise, you can freeze those mangoes, sliced pineapples, jackfruits, sliced peaches, served with ice-cream and cooked coconut milk and the mixture above for desserts to add more flavors.

Last edited by TBQEgg11; 06-27-2021 at 10:39 PM..

Old 06-27-2021, 11:36 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
What are Asian bananas?

Old 06-27-2021, 11:49 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,600,617 times
I freeze all bananas in summer, and put them in smoothies, with peels. Peels are tasteless and nutritious. Run them under the tap about two seconds, to thaw the thin transparent skin membrane, which comes off easily with thumbnail, and doesn't blend well'

A frozen banana and milk is all you need for a cold smoothie, bud add anything you want. I like to put in a tsp of lime jello powder. An egg is good for body.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:57 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Best way to use mushy bananas... Freeze, then slice.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:08 AM

182 posts, read 76,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What are Asian bananas?
They are also called Apple bananas.

From a website:

What are Apple bananas?
Apple bananas are small, sweet dwarf bananas commonly found throughout South America, Mexico and Malaysia and there are several growers in Hawaii. The flavor is the similar to the common banana and can be used interchangeably. These bananas have become more popular throughout the U.S. and can be found in most Asian grocery stores and many well-stocked grocery stores such as Whole Foods. We have seen them at some Costco stores as well. We love these bananas because they are the perfect size and are roughly half the size of the more common large bananas sold in the U.S. The flavor is slightly tart but nicely sweet. When you buy apple bananas they may be quite green but you can just let them sit on the counter for a day or two and they'll ripen right up. Apple bananas are use in desserts when they are very ripe. You can fry them and serve them with ice cream, Thai style. I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure they'd make a perfectly wicked banana cream pie.

Old 06-28-2021, 01:34 AM

24,116 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
I have enjoyed frozen bananas for quite some time. To me they are like ice cream - only more healthy.

As others have stated, I use them in smoothies. I do not eat other fruit frozen on it's own. However I will throw frozen berries in the blender.

The only frozen fruit I like on it's own are bananas. I also like them - frozen and dipped in dark, very dark chocolate. It tastes like a decadent desert - but it is not.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:19 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
HHi friends, have you tried freezing bananas in the refrigerator?
I haven't had any luck freezing them in the refrigerator. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Luckily I had a freezer, which seemed to do the trick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink