Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 11:44 AM

32,445 posts, read 47,196,837 times

Advertisements

Tired of leftovers? When they are all gone. I deliberately cook enough to have some leftovers, but not too many meals worth. We don't have a massive number of dishes for our Thanksgiving dinner.

A lot of the turkey is made into turkey enchiladas and frozen and they will be eaten over the next six months or so. There will be enough turkey for a couple of days of turkey sourdough sandwiches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 01:13 PM

5,379 posts, read 3,922,466 times
Never!!

Old 11-28-2021, 01:24 PM

16,339 posts, read 29,974,305 times
Do I like Thanksgiving leftovers? Absolutely.

Did I like it when my MIL would prepare a 24# turkey for FOUR people and serve leftovers for every lunch and dinner for FIVE days? HELL NO!

I know the need to make enough food so that you run out of nothing on Thanksgiving. On the other hand, I have no interest in more than one day of leftovers. Honestly, I do NOT like turkey all that much, especially when the person overcooks it every year. Also, I see no need for meals that include THREE starches (dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes) as side dishes.

When we cook for Thanksgiving, we serve either cornish hens or prime rib with a lot fewer but more varied side dishes.

Old 11-28-2021, 04:26 PM

5,379 posts, read 6,019,443 times
I saw this thread when I came on here to see what ideas people have specifically for leftover stuffing. This year for whatever reason we have a lot of leftover stuffing after the rest is gone. I've Googled ideas and found a few . the most interesting being a twist on eggs benedict, but wondering if any of my fellow C-D posters have some fun and interesting ways to use stuffing when there aren't the other bits to go with it.

Old 11-28-2021, 06:37 PM

34,704 posts, read 30,701,503 times
By Friday.

We had a large ham on Thanksgiving night. I ate ham croissant for breakfast, went out for lunch, and had leftovers for dinner. I didn't really want it for dinner, but girlfriend was sick and did not want to go out.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:53 PM

15,626 posts, read 26,049,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
OK, so it's the morning of the 2nd day after TG meaning I just ate leftovers 1x since TG dinner & I'm already about ready to eat something different. I'll eat some today too though.

That's how I usually am...just about 2 days after TG & I'm ready for something else. Bring on the pizza or Chinese food, ha!
My mother would take thanksgiving turkey slices and Thanksgiving dressing and put it into foil packets and freeze them. And in February she’d pop them in the oven and make some mashed potatoes and some gravy and we get to experience Thanksgiving all over again. Her tagline was “this will taste good in February“ and she was always right.

The turkey was always big enough that we had leftovers not quite 24 hours afterwards. We always ate rather early and then would have late turkey sandwiches. And then the next day may be a little more turkey sandwiches and then she’d pack it up and start soup with the bones.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:29 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,587,462 times
Quote:
OK, so it's the morning of the 2nd day after TG meaning I just ate leftovers 1x since TG dinner & I'm already about ready to eat something different. I'll eat some today too though.

That's how I usually am...just about 2 days after TG & I'm ready for something else. Bring on the pizza or Chinese food, ha!
We love leftovers! Husb finished the last of the smoked turkey and had leftover sides. I try to NOT cook a huge amount so we don't get tired of what's left.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:38 AM

17,246 posts, read 11,004,446 times
I can easily eat the leftovers until they've gotten too old to eat if there are any left, especially turkey and stuffing.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:10 AM

4,164 posts, read 3,341,468 times
Quote:

Never.

Because we freeze most of 'em.

Old 11-29-2021, 12:49 PM

20,777 posts, read 28,020,334 times
I love Thanksgiving leftovers for about 3 days then I am over it.thankfully there was not too much leftover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink