Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,534 times

Advertisements

I've eaten snake meat when I was a child. My dad tricked my sister and myself into it, telling us "It's chicken soup, eat it!", although it did taste like chicken :-)

Then my favorite breakfast is oatmeal porridge mixed with a bit of milk, salt & pepper, egg yolk, bacon bits, and a splash of scotch. Yumm..!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 PM

7,913 posts, read 932,997 times
I know this isnt that weird but i love to squeeze a lemon and add a buch of salt and drink it. I also have tried - squid luau - i dont know what is made of but it is cooked for hours and its green and slimey.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,016,749 times
Lets see, the weirdest things I've eaten are eel and rabbit. They're both pretty good. Someone also mentioned cow tongue, which I tried and also hated.
I also eat "dry" Ramen noodles (my friends think this is weird). I boil the noodles until 90-95% of the water boils away. Then I add the flavor packet. It tastes great! I've also eaten french fries dipped in ice cream, which is pretty good as well.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:23 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,335 times
When I was in Africa I ate wild boar, fried termites and banana grub, as well as 'bush beef'. Bush beef is any meat that I couldn't identify and the people I was with (all Africans) didn't know the name in English. The only thing I know is that it was not monkey, though that is a delicacy there (I indicated that it was a relilgious taboo for me to eat monkey -- not exactly true, but I sure don't want to eat primates.) I think I ate other wild creatures, though. Funny how you'll eat almost anything when you're really hungry and there's no MacDonalds!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:30 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,431,853 times
I used to eat bologna and ketchup sandwiches as a child; the neighbor's cat liked those, too. As an adult, I've probably eaten some strange meat in Russia, but didn't know it. Doesn't count, then. So, the strangest thing might be a bite of a pig's ear. It was fried, so it just tasted like fried food.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 AM

424 posts, read 1,675,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I'll just have to try this. I am now quite intrigued. I'm not sure we can get miracle whip in the UK, I assume normal mayo will do ? Any "recipes" ?
Miracle Whip is similar to mayonnaise...it is a tad sweeter and has a lower percentage of oil than mayonnaise. Store brands in the USA are marketed as "salad dressing" for the equivalent product.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:41 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,599 times
when I was younger I used to eat ketchup sandwiches. I also used to eat noodles with ketchup. other than that nothing that is to strange.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:24 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,072 times
most strange and yucky....... when I was about 12years old we lived in Alaska.
My Dad brought home something he called Eskimo candy (Muktuk)------
so I took a piece and put it in my mouth. Yuck....Whale blubber Never trusted him with food stuff again!!! Then there was the eskimo icecream which is sealfat and blue berries..........ewwwww

Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,858 times
Suppose haggis is one of the weirdest things I've eaten .. which I didn't care for.

Noticed there are a couple of real food aventurists on this thread. You guys are brave!

Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,382 times
My ex actually ate the peanut butter and pickle sandwich thing. The first time I saw that, I was a little grossed out. One day I got brave enough to try it and it actually wasn't as horrible as I thought. My current boyfriend eats weird combinations of food. One night he made a boneless chicken breast, peanut butter, mustard, and tomato (possibly other stuff too) sandwich. OMG, I don't think I'll ever try that one! He said peanut butter was a staple at his house and was always at the dinner table. I guess it was used as a condiment on everything. My one somewhat strange thing is cream cheese and olive sandwiches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink