Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times

Advertisements

Good news!

Quote:
World-renowned chef, bestselling author and Emmy winning television personality Anthony Bourdain will join CNN as host of a new weekend program, creating a signature showcase for the network’s coverage of food and travel.
Read more: Anthony Bourdain Joins CNN to Host New Weekend Program – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 11:32 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Awesome! I love him!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,557,495 times
That should be real interesting.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:46 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
That should be real interesting.
With all of the cable channels, I often lose him. By being on CNN I'll watch him more often.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,198,343 times
Only food/travel show Ive ever liked is Man vs Food. I think it was because it was exclusively American stuff, and nothing exotic, just good ol' fashioned things like hamburgers, and in cities you might actually ever go.

From reading this, its going to be another one of those globe trotting, exotic, foods youd never eat (and probably never get a chance to any how)......not my thing.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Only food/travel show Ive ever liked is Man vs Food. I think it was because it was exclusively American stuff, and nothing exotic, just good ol' fashioned things like hamburgers, and in cities you might actually ever go.

From reading this, its going to be another one of those globe trotting, exotic, foods youd never eat (and probably never get a chance to any how)......not my thing.
Don't project that onto me. I'd probably try a lot of what Anthony Bourdain covers in his show. If you understand his main thesis, it is basically about understanding people and their cultures, and getting to know them through the food they eat. I've travelled abroad a lot, and eaten some wonderful (and some weird) things. Getting to know and understand people and cultures by sitting down to dine with them, and to learn the background is a beautiful thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink