U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 PM

16,227 posts, read 21,999,182 times

Advertisements

Will you be grilling out, or cooking inside?
We will be cooking outside, and I`ll whip up a batch of potato salad, maybe some baked beans. Corn on the cob may be nice...
The main dish will be Teriyaki Shish Kebabs! Yummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM

2,662 posts, read 5,141,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Will you be grilling out, or cooking inside?
We will be cooking outside, and I`ll whip up a batch of potato salad, maybe some baked beans. Corn on the cob may be nice...
The main dish will be Teriyaki Shish Kebabs! Yummy!
Some burgers on the grill, mac and cheese, baked beans and corn on the cob

Old 05-22-2008, 01:12 PM

601 posts, read 1,710,878 times
We are going to a cookout on Sat. Briskett is the main feature. I'm bringing
potato salad, and others are bringing baked beans, tossed salad and rolls

Old 05-22-2008, 03:28 PM

54,223 posts, read 38,284,539 times
My late Dad and most of his friends were WW II vets, those Tom Brokaw called "The Greatest Generation"

Sometime over the week-end or more likely on the actuall Memorial Day I'm going to have what they always referred to as SOS, creamed chipped beef on toast, hoist a glass in their honor, and hope they're all in a better place.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:47 PM

845 posts, read 2,430,370 times
This weekend I will be grilling, weather permitting. I am planning on making ribs, hot dogs, and jerk chicken. I will also be making some white chocolate, macadamia, coconut cookies and maybe some homemade strawberry lemonade. Its going to be a good weekend.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:06 PM

667 posts, read 2,098,918 times
Ok, I discovered a new appetizer/dessert dish that is great to snack on pre or post meal.

Mini Phyllo shells/cups
Whipped cream cheese
Powdered sugar
walnut halves
honey

Mix whipped cream cheese & powdered sugar until your desired sweetness. Spoon about 3/4 full into Phyllo shells, top with a walnut half then add a drop of honey. Just a drop is enough.

You can make the cheese mix & add to shells about 4 hrs before serving, but add honey just before serving.
They are SO good & I will be making them as an appetizer, dessert or just leave them out as a snack for Memorial weekend!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:09 PM

1,884 posts, read 4,019,037 times
Wife & kids will be gone this weekend, going to a lake w/family.......I gotta work. If I have time I plan on smoke'n some brisket, ribs, and grill'n some pork chops for everyone for sunday supper. 2hr drive, but I get to see the kids, and don't give me any bs bout gas prices while you sip your bottled water.....I want to see my kids. Ya gotta make adjustments.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM

1,195 posts, read 4,916,494 times
We will be grilling DHD - delicious hot dogs, t- bone steaks, corn on the cob, going on a 3 day camp out with about 20 of our friends and live around the bon fire for the weekend. If it can't be cooked out doors this weekend it doesn't get cooked.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,656,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
Wife & kids will be gone this weekend, going to a lake w/family.......I gotta work. If I have time I plan on smoke'n some brisket, ribs, and grill'n some pork chops for everyone for sunday supper. 2hr drive, but I get to see the kids, and don't give me any bs bout gas prices while you sip your bottled water.....I want to see my kids. Ya gotta make adjustments.
Tried to give ya reps. You're a great dad! Have a great weekend.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:33 PM

16,227 posts, read 21,999,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
We will be grilling DHD - delicious hot dogs, t- bone steaks, corn on the cob, going on a 3 day camp out with about 20 of our friends and live around the bon fire for the weekend. If it can't be cooked out doors this weekend it doesn't get cooked.

This sounds great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink