Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 10:27 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times

Advertisements

I personally hate the look of appliances on the counter. Way too busy. We've settled for a big kitchen aid mixer (which, actually gets used more than i thought it would,kudos to my wife). Coffee maker, and toaster oven. Microwave is built in. Other appliances stored in pantry or cabinets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 11:45 AM

5,866 posts, read 11,924,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How often do you use the Sous vide equipment and for what?
I love my sous vide. I use it at least once a week for bone in either chicken breasts, Turkey tenderloin, steaks and some fish. I made a pichana roast in it recently that was amazing. Lots of people use it for eggs or veggies but I have only used mine for meat, poultry, fish and the occasional egg bites.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:25 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
I knew I forgot things: immersion blender, vac-sealer.
I forgot one too, and it's right on the counter--a SodaStream carbonated water maker. We use it about every other day.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:33 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
I actually never got around to buying a pigtail for my new used electric stove, and then I unplugged the large, ancient frig because it wasn't energy-efficient and it's just me (not much food out at one time), so I use a small dorm fridge in a corner, a deep freeze in the basement for storage, a countertop toaster oven, a countertop two-burner hot plate, and a countertop microwave oven. There's also a small George Foreman grill I pull out and use occasionally, and I make my coffee cowboy-style (boiling water and ground coffee in a saucepan), so there's no countertop coffeemaker. I was actually training to live in an RV.

Old 09-27-2022, 02:57 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
I don’t like built-in microwave ovens so mine is on the countertop. I use it many times per day.

Drip coffee maker used daily
Coffee grinder used daily
Electric kettle
Toaster
mixer. I use the meat grinder attachment occasionally
blender hardly ever used

In the winter, a slow cooker that can brown and sauté.

Stored away:
food processor I almost never use
combo immersion blender/chopper
Rice cooker
Knife sharpener I don’t use often enough

Old 09-27-2022, 07:38 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
I'm in the microwave, toaster, coffee maker group. My toaster and coffee maker are on top of my small microwave because the cheap flipper didn't buy intelligent people. My upper cabinets end before the base cabinets at the end of the run because of a light switch. I use the microwave daily, the coffee maker often, and the toaster about once a week. The rest is stored elsewhere. I dumped a lot of things when I moved three years ago.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:12 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,215,513 times
On the counter
Coffeemaker
Electric kettle
Blender (not used all that often, but no good place for it anywhere else)
Microwave (actually mounted over the stove)

In cabinets
Toaster oven
Toaster
Food processer
Ninja mini-processor
Slow cooker
George Foreman grill
Hand mixer

Like other posters I'm not a fan of appliances on the counter but keeping the coffee maker and electric kettle elsewhere would be silly since they are used so often. As noted above I'd put the blender somewhere else if I had a good spot for it.

Old 10-01-2022, 02:32 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
In the instant pot thread, some people talked about what appliances they have, or why they keep only a minimal number of appliances.

How about you?

What electric countertop kitchen appliances do you have?
Which ones do you use most often?
Where do you keep them?
Which ones just take up space?
What would you really like to have?

Have an air fryer and an immersion blender on my work counter, a toaster and hot pot on the snack counter. These are used every day. (tea and cold brew coffee)

Bullet blender for smoothies and rice cooker under the counter. Use them a time or two or week.

Instant Pot, stand mixer, hand mixer, electric knife, waffle maker, food processor, blender, and crock pots in cupboards. Use these once a month, if that.

Sous vide setup might be nice. Wish I hadn't given away our vacuum sealer in the last move.

Old 10-02-2022, 04:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I have a microhood over the stove so it takes up no space and gets used daily. I only have a toaster/convection oven, that I use more than my oven, and a Keurig on the counter since they get used daily.

I store a waffle maker, a blender, hand mixer and George Foreman grill. None of which have been used in over a year now that I think of it. I've owned and gotten rid of 2 crockpots, a rice cooker, a large electric skillet and one of those 30 cup stainless coffee urns given to me by my mom who used to host parties a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink