Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 10:37 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times

Advertisements

I grew with Cain's being the coffee my folks bought and drank so that was what I liked the best.

It is no longer available and after trying numerous brands/blends I have settled on Starbucks French Roast and
DW drinks Illy intenso.

I do have to add that when we lived in towns with coffee shops that roasted their own beans we used those and I still prefer buying coffee that way but we no longer have one close enough (there was one that went out of business).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2022, 10:40 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Everyone in my family loves our coffee. Except one sister. So she keeps a jar of Nescafe at her house, for our benefit (she thinks.)

Nescafe just makes me sad. :-(
OMG, I hear ya! My mother didn't like drip coffee. She used instant coffee from a jar, but not Nescafe. She'd stock her apartment pantry with cheap Dollar Tree instant coffee. Oh, Lord, shoot me please. LOL.

I think Sumatra coffee by nature is a smooth, non-acidic coffee. I've never been a fan of Starbucks until I tried their Sumatra. It's very similar to Peaberry coffee.

Folger's is really bad stuff. Why would anyone chose that? Maxwell House reminds me of work.

I'm weaning myself away from the Keurig. I like the convenience, but the really good k-cups are outrageously priced. Plus, I can't regulate the strength,,, and I really hate the "landfill guilt".

I've never tried Bustelo. I'm going to do that one day.

Has anyone ever tried Kopi Luwak beans? I don't think I'd drink a cup if someone offered it for free.

Old 11-04-2022, 10:46 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
I work in the Alaskan wilderness and the stuff the Natives brew in the drip pots is like motor oil. I make Folgers instant for convenience when pots aren't around and it's really good. It has a different flavor that is a nice change from my usual brands.

Old 11-04-2022, 10:59 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times
I'm fine with Kroger morning blend. Smooth and pleasant, cheap. Does the job. I don't need to impress anyone.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 11-04-2022 at 11:11 AM..

Old 11-04-2022, 11:08 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Yes, my favorite is on the list at #3, Lavazza. I only discovered it by streaming Jerry Seinfeld's show "Comedians in Cars getting Coffee." Regardless of the place they went, they always showed Lavazza being poured. It looked so good I had to try it and ordered some ground from Amazon. Sure enough, it does taste as good as it looked on the show. Since then I found that I can get a large 2.2 lb. package of whole bean at Costco Business Centers. I also upgraded to a Cuisinart Burr Grinder.

Old 11-04-2022, 01:58 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Yes, my favorite is on the list at #3, Lavazza. I only discovered it by streaming Jerry Seinfeld's show "Comedians in Cars getting Coffee." Regardless of the place they went, they always showed Lavazza being poured. It looked so good I had to try it and ordered some ground from Amazon. Sure enough, it does taste as good as it looked on the show. Since then I found that I can get a large 2.2 lb. package of whole bean at Costco Business Centers. I also upgraded to a Cuisinart Burr Grinder.
You've got a good eye to see all that. I never noticed.

I checked online to see if our local grocery store has Lavazza. It does. Lavazza will be another coffee I'm eager to try. Thanks for the tip.

If anyone likes flavored coffee (I do once in a great while), try Door County's Peanut Butter Coffee. It is amazing. I love the peanut butter aroma as it's brewing. Coffee and peanut butter don't sound appealing together, but they pair very well.
Another super-delicious Door County coffee is Cherry Creme. We usually order ourselves a DC treat at Christmas time. Shipping makes it an expensive treat, but worth every dime.

Old 11-04-2022, 02:22 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
You've got a good eye to see all that. I never noticed.

I checked online to see if our local grocery store has Lavazza. It does. Lavazza will be another coffee I'm eager to try. Thanks for the tip.

If anyone likes flavored coffee (I do once in a great while), try Door County's Peanut Butter Coffee. It is amazing. I love the peanut butter aroma as it's brewing. Coffee and peanut butter don't sound appealing together, but they pair very well.
Another super-delicious Door County coffee is Cherry Creme. We usually order ourselves a DC treat at Christmas time. Shipping makes it an expensive treat, but worth every dime.
My wife will not drink coffee, just tea, but she will drink espresso drinks such as Mochas. She has a collection of probably a dozen different flavors of syrups to put in them. When it comes to coffee I like it plain, but might try that peanut butter for fun. When we stop at a Dutch Bros. stand she will order a Caramel Pumpkin Brulée Breve, while I just get a mocha.

Old 11-04-2022, 04:57 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,341,664 times
Well, as someone who does not like Starbucks coffee...

How could Tim Hortons AND Seattles Best fall below Folgers???

And Dunkin is higher then it should be IMO

I do love Cafe Bustelo and Green Mountain, but i have had Hortons and Seattles Best from time to time...

Old 11-04-2022, 05:04 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
I’m from south Louisiana. Locally the two most popular brands are Community and Mellow Joy. What I like about Community is it’s smooth flavor and is available in a wide variety of roast and flavors. Most, locally drink dark roast. Our favorite is the Cafe Special which is more of an in between roast between medium and dark. I’ve tried Folgers during a poor period in my life. It had a popcorn smell and taste as if they used roasted ground corn to add to the coffee grounds to make it cheaper. Nescafé instant and Community instant are pretty good alternatives to brewing a whole pot of coffee. Sometimes I just want one cup of coffee in the afternoon.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:11 PM

11,407 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Came to make sure Starbucks was near the bottom. Liars! It is NOT good.

Lavazza Italian coffee is very good.

Where is Sanka? Did they quit making it? Man I am old!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink