Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 07:01 AM

18,923 posts, read 43,211,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
Bubly brand is the tastiest.

La Croix is just fricking grossss
I like the LaCroix beach plum.

I messed up and bought the skinny cans once though, it was some kind of rum and mint flavor. It was gross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2023, 08:24 AM

10,950 posts, read 6,672,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I stopped drinking soda a long time ago. However, once in awhile, when the craving just won't go away, I'll have one of these:

Q Ginger Beer
ingredients: Carbonated Water, Organic Agave, Citric Acid, Ginger Extract, Extracts Of Chili Pepper, Coriander, Cardamom, Lime, And Orange.

Not the healthiest. Not the worst.
But quite delicious.
To me that sounds healthy? Or should I say, not unhealthy. There are qualities of ginger beer. A friend of mine bought one and it wasn't good at all.

Old 11-29-2023, 09:34 PM

8,076 posts, read 6,833,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
To me that sounds healthy? Or should I say, not unhealthy. There are qualities of ginger beer. A friend of mine bought one and it wasn't good at all.
A Q ginger beer or just a random brand of ginger beer?
And do you mean a friend of yours tried a Q ginger beer and your friend didn't like it, or your friend bought a Q ginger beer for you and YOU didn't like it?

Your post was a bit vague. lol.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:02 AM

He bought 2-3 small bottles and nobody in the house liked it!

Old 11-30-2023, 05:24 AM

61,020 posts, read 85,838,736 times
Quote:
I've given up traditional soft drinks - both diet and regular. I've found a few things that satisfy the need, like when eating something savory, like pizza. I tried Polar Ice orange vanilla. Adding Stevia was the only thing that brought out the subtle flavors. I've seen some drinks at places like Trader Joe's but I'm looking for ideas from other people about their faves, and what they consider a better alternative.
To me a plain, carbonated (sparkling) mineral water is the best. Here, we have dozens of dozens different kinds, from different springs, in different countries, and different mineral content. People usually buy crate-wise of 12 or 24 bottles (with deposit).
Then exchange them for the same or different brand of water. The names and amount of the minerals is printed on the labels. I like to switch between brands and content for the nutritional values.

Back in Texas, I buy German or Italian carbonated mineral water, but the selection is very limited - still better than nothing.
That's my "fizzy" drink and a staple. I enjoy drinking it unaltered, with no added flavors. Since the taste is neutral, it pairs with any food or no food.
Other than that, I sometimes buy canned/bottled plain carbonated water at Costco, but l understand that's just a regular tap water, heavily overpriced. I buy them for convenience - the aluminum cans are lighter to carry with me when I go for a walk.

Old 11-30-2023, 02:04 PM

8,076 posts, read 6,833,624 times
Quote:
He bought 2-3 small bottles and nobody in the house liked it!

I don't eat/drink too many sweet things, so it tasted absolutely amazing to me...
Maybe my poor, deprived taste buds are just desperate for something....anything... remotely sweet.

Old 11-30-2023, 03:00 PM

3,007 posts, read 1,193,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
To me a plain, carbonated (sparkling) mineral water is the best. Here, we have dozens of dozens different kinds, from different springs, in different countries, and different mineral content. People usually buy crate-wise of 12 or 24 bottles (with deposit).
Then exchange them for the same or different brand of water. The names and amount of the minerals is printed on the labels. I like to switch between brands and content for the nutritional values.

Back in Texas, I buy German or Italian carbonated mineral water, but the selection is very limited - still better than nothing.
That's my "fizzy" drink and a staple. I enjoy drinking it unaltered, with no added flavors. Since the taste is neutral, it pairs with any food or no food.
Other than that, I sometimes buy canned/bottled plain carbonated water at Costco, but l understand that's just a regular tap water, heavily overpriced. I buy them for convenience - the aluminum cans are lighter to carry with me when I go for a walk.
I love sparkling water. It's more filling than regular water. In the USA I stick to Pellegrino, Perrier, or Badoit. Some have sharper bubbles than others.

When people are looking for advice from me on dieting, one of the replacements I always suggest is swap sparkling water for your sugary drinks or sodas.

Now, I can barely drink regular water, unless exercising. Sparkling water all the way!

Old 11-30-2023, 03:56 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,573,105 times
Perrier, or any unflavored sparkling mineral water.

Haven't had soft drinks in years, too sugary.

Old 11-30-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I don't eat/drink too many sweet things, so it tasted absolutely amazing to me...
Maybe my poor, deprived taste buds are just desperate for something....anything... remotely sweet.
I think it was one of those off brand ginger beers, come to think of it. I've tried others in the past and don't remember any negative memories.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:23 PM

23,863 posts, read 32,125,181 times
Any sparkling water that is preferably imported. Very occasionally, Jamaican ginger beer. Or seltzer, club soda, with a squirt of lime, lemon, or any juice, really.

Until about 20 years ago, I drank diet coke. I never decided to stop drinking it, but little by little, I just lost my taste for it. I am better off without all of those chemicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink