Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 08:06 AM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times

Advertisements

I don't eat - Processed and Ultra Processed Food, Food's with additives and hormones and foods high in sugar and carbs.

I also fast every week in order to cleanse my body.

Which is why I am not overweight or obese, and enjoy good health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2024, 09:47 AM

22,580 posts, read 19,310,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't eat - Processed and Ultra Processed Food, Food's with additives and hormones and foods high in sugar and carbs.
I also fast every week in order to cleanse my body.
Which is why I am not overweight or obese, and enjoy good health.
how do you do your fast? 16 hour, 24 hour; fluid only, what kind of fluid etc.
thank you

Old 02-24-2024, 11:16 AM

6,812 posts, read 6,964,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Sushi. I bought fresh cod from Publix and there was a living worm in it. Since then, I’m never eating raw fish.

I looove pea soup.
Gag.....I won't touch sushi, most fish, and any meat that has even the faintest touch of pink in it. If people who say well done meat has no taste mean the well done meat doesn't taste like blood, they are right. That's the point.

Old 02-24-2024, 11:24 AM

32,690 posts, read 48,227,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I will list items that I don't like.........
You give the impression that you do a lot of eating at cheap restaurants and fast food places. Most of the things on your list, I never see, although I could probably eat them if that was all that was available. Or maybe you don't know anyone who is a good cook? I don't eat offal or raw fish or okra. Can't think of anything else I automatically refuse to eat, and even then, I can gag down a few pieces of fried okra to be polite if it is served o me.

Boneless chicken wings - I just made deep fried turkey cutlets with apricot mustard sauce, delicious and that is boneless fried poultry

Chicken Breast - is delicious on the smoker, cooked until it is barely done. There is no problem getting anyone to eat it and have seconds and then be looking around for more.

Popcorn shrimp - not quite sure what this is, but I love breaded and deep fried shrimp

Tuna sandwich - I quit buying canned tuna because the quality went down past the point where I will waste my money on it, but I love tuna salad on crackers, Tuna, mayo, diced celery, diced sweet pickles, a bit of green onion, and for the best version, a diced hard cooked egg.

Bologna cheese sandwich - I haven't seen baloney for decades but a slice of fried bologna in a grilled cheese sandwich is good. There are different levels of baloney. The cheapest stuff and the quality stuff are not the same thing.

Fried fish fillet with cheese stuffed - I wonder where you see this offered? I like halibut parmesan and that is fish with cheese, although it is not fried fish.

Turkey with gravy, not what we normally have at my house, but I like it if the turkey is correctly cooked and the gravy is well made.

Pea soup - dried split peas and dried beans are not expected to taste like fresh vegetable. I like pea soup well enough and I like dried beans. I've only had pea soup that is home made, so I don't know what you get if you buy it at a cheap restaurant or in a can.

Avocado Toast - This one is a mystery to me. Avocado has been spread on toast ever since avocados and bread first existed. So I don't get why this was touted as the newest and best thing. Avocado and bread is especially good with a couple of slices of bacon and maybe a fresh ripe tomato. And people do eat avocado on bagels.

Old 02-24-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Gag.....I won't touch sushi, most fish, and any meat that has even the faintest touch of pink in it. If people who say well done meat has no taste mean the well done meat doesn't taste like blood, they are right. That's the point.
Eat it like you like it, but if you like beef cooked well done, buy a cheaper cut and don't waste your money on expensive quality steak. There is little point in paying high prices for a cut that can be eaten rare if you are going to cook it to well done.

Old 02-24-2024, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
..........Country fried steak. Batter-frying steak is weird and the thick white gravy is kind of nasty .............
Is this a reginal thing? Around here, chicken fried steak is a slice of beef, probably round steak, that is pounded with a meat hammer then breaded and fried and served with caramelized onions and brown mushroom gravy made with the scraping from the fry pan and beef broth and perhaps a small glug of red wine. I've never seen it made with thick white gravy. Although it is not something I would order in a restaurant so I don't have a lot of wide spread experience with it.

I've eaten chicken fried steak in a couple of truck stops but mostly at home. Never any thick white gravy with it.

Old 02-24-2024, 11:56 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Sushi. I bought fresh cod from Publix and there was a living worm in it. Since then, I’m never eating raw fish.

I looove pea soup.

I've eaten sushi but if I'm going to eat raw protein I'd much rather have beef carpaccio.

But pea soup is good too! Probably my second favorite soup after a bowl of good, hot Borscht.

Old 02-24-2024, 12:07 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Popcorn shrimp - not quite sure what this is, but I love breaded and deep fried shrimp

I grew up in a NJ town known for its English style fish & chip places Some offered 'mixed' dinners which had battered/deep fried cod or haddock along with a few battered/deep fried scallops & shrimp, I really prefer the batter to breaded.

Quote:
Tuna sandwich - I quit buying canned tuna because the quality went down past the point where I will waste my money on it, but I love tuna salad on crackers, Tuna, mayo, diced celery, diced sweet pickles, a bit of green onion, and for the best version, a diced hard cooked egg.

I like tuna with mayo, celery, sweet pickle relish, and a splash of aged Balsamic vinegar, very tasty.

Quote:
Pea soup - dried split peas and dried beans are not expected to taste like fresh vegetable. I like pea soup well enough and I like dried beans. I've only had pea soup that is home made, so I don't know what you get if you buy it at a cheap restaurant or in a can.

I love split pea soup, especially with a bit of dry sherry added as well as a small glass of sherry for sipping, every now and then I'll throw in some frozen baby peas just for a change of pace.

Old 02-24-2024, 12:16 PM

13,101 posts, read 7,568,268 times
Pasta. Which I really like but it causes havoc with my pre DB2, waist line, digestion.

Last edited by leastprime; 02-24-2024 at 12:25 PM..

Old 02-24-2024, 01:11 PM

22,580 posts, read 19,310,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Pasta. Which I really like but it causes havoc with my pre DB2, waist line, digestion.
my body does not tolerate pasta well. except the new pasta made from chickpeas, i can eat that without problems. also a small portion is very feeling.

but overall my body is much happier and does way better with sticky white rice, than with either pasta or bread, which i eat very little of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink