Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 06:01 AM

17,603 posts, read 17,629,777 times

Advertisements

What are some of your favorite hot herbal teas? I use peppermint, camomile (sweetened with some honey), and Celestial Season Sleepy Time. My wife would not try any hot tea until her throat and stomach issues and my encouragement validated by her doctor. She likes the honey vanilla camomile tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 06:08 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Hard as I try, I just can’t like foo foo teas. I can like plain old Lipton once in awhile, but I really just prefer hot water with a slice of lemon….any citrus really.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:32 AM

17,603 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Hard as I try, I just can’t like foo foo teas. I can like plain old Lipton once in awhile, but I really just prefer hot water with a slice of lemon….any citrus really.
I got started while searching for natural ways to reduce stress and to help sleep. I have depression and thoughts of suicide since puberty, PTSD from things I experienced in the military, Aspergers (form of autism diagnosed at age 42), and work rotating shifts at a hospital. I work in a hospital boiler room and am responsible for the entire hospital’s HVAC system, isolation rooms ventilation, medical gas system, fire alarm system, water treatment, elevators (over 20 across the campus), and on nights and weekends there is only one person to cover the entire facility. There are times I’m so stressed after work that I can’t sleep for hours. I’ve used peppermint tea because it helps with my stomach. Camomile helps relax. Sleepy time tea has various herbs to help settle down for sleep.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:45 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
I keep and drink Yogi brand lemon ginger tea when I'm not feeling well, was a good thing to use when I had Covid (twice).
I also think green tea is an herbal tea and I drink both the caff and decaf versions of green tea, not daily.

Over the years I've tried quite a few herbal teas and didn't stick with them, chamomile and Red Zinger are two of those.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:53 AM

1,262 posts, read 664,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I got started while searching for natural ways to reduce stress and to help sleep. I have depression and thoughts of suicide since puberty, PTSD from things I experienced in the military, Aspergers (form of autism diagnosed at age 42), and work rotating shifts at a hospital. I work in a hospital boiler room and am responsible for the entire hospital’s HVAC system, isolation rooms ventilation, medical gas system, fire alarm system, water treatment, elevators (over 20 across the campus), and on nights and weekends there is only one person to cover the entire facility. There are times I’m so stressed after work that I can’t sleep for hours. I’ve used peppermint tea because it helps with my stomach. Camomile helps relax. Sleepy time tea has various herbs to help settle down for sleep.
My wife swears by Yogi Teas before bed most nights. Her favorite is Soothing Caramel Bedtime. Every once in awhile I will have a cup with her and it is very relaxing. They have quite a few varieties. Maybe one for you to look into is Yogi Stress Relief line with several flavor profiles. Good luck!

Old 03-06-2024, 07:37 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I am not a fan of hot tea but my husband is. He likes Bigelow Green tea with peach and Green tea with lemon. Sweetened with 2 tsp sugar. He tried the Honey Vanilla chamomile and did not like it all. Next time I am going to by him Bigelow green tea with pomegranate. Also if you boil bay leaves (bay leaf tea) this also helps with Stomach issues. A friend of mine swears by it.

Old 03-06-2024, 07:50 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
I love fennel tea, but it's one of those things people either love or hate (tastes like black licorice).

I also really like ginger tea. My go-to is one teabag each of green tea and ginger.

Chamomile and rooibos once in a while.

My daughters enjoy peppermint and spearmint.

Old 03-06-2024, 08:52 AM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
What are some of your favorite hot herbal teas? I use peppermint, camomile (sweetened with some honey), and Celestial Season Sleepy Time. My wife would not try any hot tea until her throat and stomach issues and my encouragement validated by her doctor. She likes the honey vanilla camomile tea.
Many people aren't aware that the various herbs and components in herbal teas have specific medicinal properties, and can have positive or negative effects on health conditions as well as interact with medicines. For instance, teas that contain licorice root must be used with caution and only for short periods. Peppermint contains menthol, which is more benign but opens respiratory passages. I forget, but IIRC, chamomile is contra-indicated for some condition. Ginger has good effects in general.

I get a Chinese tea called "kidney, liver, mind" which has an interesting flavor that is much milder than the traditional medicinal teas and decoctions. I'll use dandelion root, corn silk, and others as needed.

Old 03-06-2024, 09:16 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
ginger tea, I bought a box of assorted fruit teas & I only like the peach & lemon ones. The apple is nasty.

Old 03-06-2024, 02:35 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,775,193 times
I'm especially fond of Bigelow's Lemon Ginger herbal tea. Peppermint tea upsets my stomach despite its reputation as a stomach soother but I've found the Lemon Ginger to be soothing for me. I also have recently enjoyed Celestial Seasoning's Sangria Zinger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink