U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2008, 12:40 AM

2,988 posts, read 5,504,792 times
Default Question for parents with kids who are picky eaters

What is the best/weirdest name you've given to food so that your fuzzy-eaters will eat?

we have "corn off the cob" (canned corn) ... it's weird, they will eat corn on the cob like there's no tomorrow, but getting them to eat it "off the cob" was like getting shots.

we have "grandma's special recipe mashed potatoes" (just to get them out of french fries all of the time)

we have "secret family recipe BBQ burgers" (lol. made "special" with onions & peppers )

Having used all those when my "picky" eaters were little, they still like me calling them by their "special" names.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 08:15 AM

4,167 posts, read 6,631,007 times
That's funny. I was a very picky eater as a child. I don't know why.

Ask this once picky child anything you want to know.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:58 PM

187 posts, read 451,740 times
I was picky, too, in part because my brother was (and still is) very picky, and I wanted to be just like him. To this day, onions and peppers to him are like garlic and crosses to a vampire; I started off the same way, but since then, I've fallen in love with onions and peppers. Nowadays, I'll try almost anything once, even stuff my parents won't go near (sushi, etc.) Guess all those years of having people bark at me for not wanting to eat something that just looked/smelled funny finally sunk in.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:26 PM

2,588 posts, read 3,618,208 times
We often feed our daughter hippopotamus, tree stump filets, rhinoceros nuggets, star flowers, clouds, and so on. Just any ridiculous sounding thing we can come up with at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink