Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:46 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times

Advertisements

I have a habit of eating fast food like Taco Bell, which needs to break. Could there be consequences to a person's body is they continue to eat fast food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 11:17 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,283 times
Default No Way

I eat plenty of fast foods and when I look in the mirror....BOOM BABY.....Nothing but a big hunk of good-looking manliness staring back at me. Just remember to keep up the exercise and you'll be okay.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:34 AM

27,344 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Because of the amount of grease, it could put some weight on a person, but these days many places offer substitutes rather than just french fries. Small salads, yogurt, baked potatoes, fruit cups. But what matters is how you take care of yourself otherwise. Heavy drinking, smoking, drugs, will definately age a person faster than an order of fries.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Well I think besides just getting fat, and the grease in it isn't good for your skin but other than those unattractive features, I'd say no. But what it does to the inside of your body ain't good either!
That being said, I like fast food but in moderation. I could eat it everyday, but I don't because I don't want to become as big as my house or keel over from a heart attack!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
From my own personal experience yes there are consequences. We moved to NC from CA a year and a half ago. We now live in a very rural area with no real fast foods close by. So unlike where I lived in CA where there was just about every kind of fast food place within 5 minutes of my house. I have lost 25 pounds since my move here and the only difference is the fast food. I have not made any effort to lose weight. I also feel much better have more energy and my complexion looks better. The differences could also be the better air where I live now for the complexion and over all feeling better but the wieght has definitely been the no fast foods! I agree that done in moderation it is not a problem!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Well I think besides just getting fat, and the grease in it isn't good for your skin but other than those unattractive features, I'd say no. But what it does to the inside of your body ain't good either!
That being said, I like fast food but in moderation. I could eat it everyday, but I don't because I don't want to become as big as my house or keel over from a heart attack!
That's one thing I would hate to be - fat.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:29 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I have a habit of eating fast food like Taco Bell, which needs to break. Could there be consequences to a person's body is they continue to eat fast food?
Yes! That's why you can't find a date. Didn't you know?!!!

Oh, you were asking about consequences to the body. Obesity is just one minor one. High cholesterol, high blood pressure, all that good stuff. Here and there won't kill you, but don't make it a way of life. But, I like Taco Bell, too. I think they put crack in their food.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Yes! That's why you can't find a date. Didn't you know?!!!

Oh, you were asking about consequences to the body. Obesity is just one minor one. High cholesterol, high blood pressure, all that good stuff. Here and there won't kill you, but don't make it a way of life. But, I like Taco Bell, too. I think they put crack in their food.
As much as I love Taco Bell and their food, I've got to lay off the fast food seriously.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,648 times
Definitely agree that we should eat less fast food. I think the biggest reason most of us resort to fast food places like McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and the likes is that we don't have time to get food anywhere else. There is a solution, though! Food Trucks! Food trucks serve better food, serve MUCH healthier food, at a cheaper price, and are just as quick getting the food to you. For those of you who have negative preconceptions of food trucks, give them a try, I bet you're pleased. Oh, and for fellow New Yorkers, check out Foodtoeat.com, NYC's new online ordering site that allows users to place orders for pick up from food trucks, saving even MORE time and saving you from standing on line! Enjoy, ladies and gentlemen, and stay away from all those nasty "burgers" and "fries."

Old 08-02-2012, 04:42 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Remember the old saying - "you are what you eat."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink