Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM

479 posts, read 1,455,738 times

Advertisements

Ham & swiss sandwich with sliced fresh tomatoes; And just a few tortillas and guacamole. (I love that stuff!)

Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Moe's Southwest Grill

Forgot to tell ya about the new joint we went to yesterday. It was pretty good more expensive than Taco Bell but more filling actually. I had the chicken quesadillia plus endless chips and salsa if you wanted them. A friend went to get our mild salsa at the condinment bar and came back with straight liquid "juice". Dipped a chip in it my mouth was dragon firing with bells and whistles. Nomad I told them you would love that stuff it was hot sauce. Anyway the other friend went to get the salsa and came back with the right stuff he had been there before.

First time I have ever been to a Mexican food joint, sit down or fast food, with no refried beans offered. You get your choice of whole pinto or black beans on whatever you order.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,729,620 times
I had an Egg Salad Sandwich on Chicago Italian Bread from Publix with some chips. Very delicious!!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,140,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
We slice it and eat it raw, tastes kind of like cabbage heart. Others fry it like potatoes, boil or steam it, some mash it like potatoes. Raised eating it raw so that is what my family prefers. 3 summers ago I made it a bunch of different ways we all decided raw was best. I cut it up in salad too but I was out of it today. Easy above ground veggies to raise for a yearly treat.
We peel it. Quarter it. Boil it & smother it in a white cream sauce..yumm.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
slice of pizza with Canadian bacon

Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
On my way to mickey D's to see what kink of damage I can inflict on their dollar menu....I'm thinking one McChicken, one double cheeseburger, and a dollar softserve should be adequate fuel for a few hours.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:47 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,324 times
Quote:
Moe's Southwest Grill

Forgot to tell ya about the new joint we went to yesterday. It was pretty good more expensive than Taco Bell but more filling actually. I had the chicken quesadillia plus endless chips and salsa if you wanted them. A friend went to get our mild salsa at the condinment bar and came back with straight liquid "juice". Dipped a chip in it my mouth was dragon firing with bells and whistles. Nomad I told them you would love that stuff it was hot sauce. Anyway the other friend went to get the salsa and came back with the right stuff he had been there before.

First time I have ever been to a Mexican food joint, sit down or fast food, with no refried beans offered. You get your choice of whole pinto or black beans on whatever you order.
Nooooo! DON'T START ON IT!

Moe's is downright addictive. I mean, I'll wake up jonesing for a billy barou and that tomatillo salsa. The steak..oh god, the steak... My husband and I once ate there three days in a row.

Next time you go, get the nachos or a homewrecker. My order is always the same..and I'm not one of those people who has a regular. Billy barou, steak and pinto beans, pico de gallo, pickled jalapenos, olives, and cucumbers. Queso on the side, side of the green salsa. Always.

Never had the tofu, but the chicken is almost always too dry for my taste. My husband swears by the pork, but it's too smokey for me. And the ground beef..well, when you offer me steak, I'm certainly not going to take ground beef.

Now you have me wanting some...and I was being so good with my big bowl of miso soup.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:52 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
more pizza

Old 06-13-2009, 04:06 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Nooooo! DON'T START ON IT!

Moe's is downright addictive.
Oh no I am taking my kids there on Monday will be my 2nd time. My chicken quesadilla wasn't dry at all. I am going to try the pork on something this next time.

Today I ate cottage cheese and a slice of Italian bread with butter.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:35 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,324 times
Quote:
Oh no I am taking my kids there on Monday will be my 2nd time. My chicken quesadilla wasn't dry at all. I am going to try the pork on something this next time.

Today I ate cottage cheese and a slice of Italian bread with butter.
*sigh* I warned you... FYI at most of the franchises around here, if you sign up for the website you'll get a coupon for a free burrito in your inbox. And then they'll send you all sorts of two-fers and other promotions later on. Always helpful, especially with kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink