Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
NO, you are NOT a dork, you are the coolest! I take it the petition didn't go far though?
Aw. Thanks for the compliment. The petition didn't go every far at all although there were quite a few signatures. When I sent it to Frito-Lay all I got back was the standard thank you form letter. Oh well, I just don't buy their products anymore. Thankfully I am not a big chip fan anymore and when I do want them I tend to go for Sun Chips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Aw. Thanks for the compliment. The petition didn't go every far at all although there were quite a few signatures. When I sent it to Frito-Lay all I got back was the standard thank you form letter. Oh well, I just don't buy their products anymore. Thankfully I am not a big chip fan anymore and when I do want them I tend to go for Sun Chips.
LOL, darnit! Sun Chips are good though

Old 07-29-2008, 07:47 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
there's always Utz.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:58 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
I miss... Sara Lee walnut cake, banana cake and frosted brownies. Especially their walnut cake! It's still available through their wholesale restaurant division, but I'd have to buy SIX cakes at a time and that would overwhelm my freezer. Also when I was a kid, there were these neat frozen toaster pizzas that were the size and shape of English muffins.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,283 times
One thing I really miss - Dannon chocolate covered raspberry frozen yogurt pops. They were soooooo good!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:54 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
- Weaver's chicken croquettes
- "Real" chocolate Italian Ices (scooped from tubs into ruffled paper cups)
- Frozen bags of waffle-shaped pasta and peas in cream sauce
- Entenmann's white cake w/ walnut frosting
- Seltzer in the big, heavy glass bottles with the sprayer on top that the soda man delivered to the house
- Bottled milk, delivered by the milkman
- My mother's stuffed cabbage

Old 07-30-2008, 12:32 PM

205 posts, read 740,386 times
sloppy joes.
And about the stuffed cabbage -- my mom used to make 'pigs in a blanket' which was hamburger and rice and stuff rolled up in cabbage leaves -- those were pretty darned good too!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:47 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Pop with real sugar in it instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Milk Shake candy bars. Yummy.

BeechNut fruit stripe gum. Not that I chew gum anymore, but I just liked to sniff the stuff through the wrapper (now that's dorky! LOL)

Second -- or is it third -- vote for taco-flavored Doritos.

Clark bars (they're still around, but not the same) and Clark peanut butter kisses

Pizza Spins!

And my grandmother's date nut bars. When I was in college, she'd send a batch of date nut bars and a dozen or so Clark bars. I was the most popular girl in the dorm.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:44 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,101 times
Ohiogirl81,

You can still buy the fruit stripes gum. CVS has them and I totally feel you on loving the smell. The gum always tasted nasty and didn't last long but the smell was heavenly.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:17 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,858 times
Probably a lot of foods from back in the day that I don't cook anymore now that I know what the ingredients are!

For instance, I asked a Mexican friend for her recipe on the chocolate cake on the bottom and flan on top .. so yummy!

.. but after hearing about a can of condensed, sweeted milk for one section, and another for the other section, and this kind of sugar for that, then some sweetened chocolate .. and ..

.. kind of turns you off from making it. I should have just kept my mouth shut and kept eating the cake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink