Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,926,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes! I Love scrapple. You must be from Philly.
I love scrapple, and I'm from Southern California.

But I had a daddy who spent part of his childhood in Philly.... and back in the fifties and sixties, there was a Kroger owned supermarket chain in Orange County that sold fresh scrapple.

That's the first thing I look for when I'm in PA. Best I've had was at a little old truck stop in Yocumtown, right off I-83.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 02:28 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,331,486 times
I like scrambled eggs loose and soft, not cooked into rubbery submission. I like over-easy eggs with the yolk still nice and runny, so I can dip toast or bacon or sausage in it. I love an omelette that's still squooshy in the middle; if it's done to the point where the middle is hard, the outer parts are well-nigh vulcanized.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:07 PM

7,332 posts, read 2,740,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
I like my scrambled eggs soft, moist, and fluffy, too. They just don't taste as good when they're overcooked. But, I'll eat them. A good dousing of salsa can rescue an overcooked egg. I like that on perfectly cooked eggs. Basically, I like salsa and eggs are just a delivery vehicle.
A good helping of salsa will help rescue/improve anything!

Old 12-20-2008, 06:31 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Woman View Post
A good helping of salsa will help rescue/improve anything!
I see you are from The Land Of Enchantment. Oh My! I used to travel to Socorro on business from time to time. That was where I first discovered the wonderful Huevos Rancheros. Probably one of the best egg dishes of all times

Huevos Rancheros Recipe | Simply Recipes

Old 12-20-2008, 06:36 PM

Oh, my, yes! Huevos Rancheros is one of the best dishes ever - at any time of the day!

Old 12-20-2008, 06:54 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,118 times
This is where I get my fix now, in Virginia. Anita is from New Mexico and I remember when she first opened a little place in a tiny converted doughnut shop. We went in and said how happy we were to have a Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood. And she corrected us and said "No, this is New Mexico cooking, not ground beef tortilla and cheese Tex Mex." The food at Anita's is wonderful

Anita's New Mexico Style Mexican Food

Old 12-20-2008, 07:19 PM

Funny, for some reason her menu lists all of my favorite foods! And she is correct...New Mexican food is definitely not Tex-Mex, and, it's also not true Mexican. We put our own spin on things! And then, of course, it depends on which part of NM you are in...Northern NM is a little different from Southern NM. It's all good though!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
When we first got married my husband would not eat scrambled eggs. He wanted them whole with the yolk well done. This takes a while.

We visited his home and his mother made scrambled eggs for us. I didn't really like her scrambled eggs either. I guess you might say she made them your French style.

So one day he saw me frying my eggs and decided to try them. I don't use any milk, just a little bacon grease or margarine; put the eggs in the pan whole, break the yellow and let it cook a little, sprinkle on black pepper and then swirl them around a little. My way to make scrambled eggs and he likes those.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:51 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,285,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
I like scrambled eggs loose and soft, not cooked into rubbery submission. I like over-easy eggs with the yolk still nice and runny, so I can dip toast or bacon or sausage in it. I love an omelette that's still squooshy in the middle; if it's done to the point where the middle is hard, the outer parts are well-nigh vulcanized.
Ummmm. MBW, did you really say "squooshy"????

Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,331,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Ummmm. MBW, did you really say "squooshy"????
Of course I did, silly Kat! That's what you get when it's a bit beyond squishy and not quite to the point of being squarshed.

I love to play with words, in case you couldn't tell; almost as much as I love to play with food, in fact!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink