Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times

Advertisements

Scrambled Eggs!!!!!!

Ask any man who ate POWDERED eggs scrambled in the military if he liked them.

Ask any man who ate??? "S.O.S." in the military if he liked it.

Try both of these for a while and you will NEVER eat them again.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 01:57 PM

108 posts, read 395,392 times
I was okay with my eggs not being completely done until my son was sick and asked me if the white part was snot....and then my daughter said that she didn't want to eat baby chickens, that was mean, soooo....

I have to have them completely done, scrambled or omelet, not runny at all, but not burned, with onions, green pepper, mushroom, diced tomatoes, diced ham, sprinkling of cheese. Then eat it with ketchup or ranch if I want a side. Never had any other type of egg but those b/4, but y'all don't make the others sound too appealing...

Old 12-24-2008, 05:35 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
I love loose scrambled eggs. Also, put some finely grated cheddar cheese on them right before serving. A little salsa on the side. Scrumptious.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Hey I think I have opened my mind. I'm going to try the "soft" scrambled eggs. I'll tell you how it goes...

Old 12-29-2008, 05:37 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
Firm, slightly soft and moist. Almost undone, with salsa and sour cream or cheddar cheese or some butter and ketchup. Chili cheese omelets are my fave.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:27 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Okay, they were good! They did get a little dry on top while I made the rest of the breakfast, though. My mom puts milk in her eggs for our "hard" scrambled eggs and omlettes. That makes the egg soft. Maybe I will try that next time, but the eggs were cooked all the way and tasted mild and nice. Now cleaning the pan...

Old 01-03-2009, 08:31 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Firm and fluffy but not overdone. Any kind of raw/runny yolk makes me ill to even look at. DH likes eggs over easy, I will cook them but can't stand the thought of eating a raw/undercooked egg. I've had eggs cooked in bacon grease but don't care for that either - I think maybe you just had to grow up with that. I cook mine in a non-stick pan - easy clean up no add'l calories - I'll save those for the cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. Or the Thomas's English Muffins with the nooks and crannies.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM

952 posts, read 942,371 times
Few apparently, like their eggs a'la Rocky. As Sylvester Stallone quaffed his, in the movie 'Rocky'. Can't say I blame them. As bad as being served undercooked eggs may be for some, it can be downright messy....if you're nursing a bad hangover. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anyth.....

Old 01-04-2009, 03:22 AM

6 posts, read 48,742 times
Smile I'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Everyone I know likes their scrambled eggs (and omelets) firm. I guess you could call it well done. I want to hurl at the thought of eating scrambled eggs and omelets the way the French eat them.... soft , snotty, creamy, slimy, gooey, underdone.... I've also noticed this is how they're prepared on many of the cooking shows.

I'd like a consensus of how C-D foodies like their scrambled eggs/omelets cooked, just to compare. I always make a point of ordering my omelets well done, so as not to get that slimy surprise from an underdone inside.
I don't like mine runny either, the texture is too much like mucus. Cook it thoroughly please!

Old 01-04-2009, 04:27 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Okay, they were good! They did get a little dry on top while I made the rest of the breakfast, though. My mom puts milk in her eggs for our "hard" scrambled eggs and omlettes. That makes the egg soft.
I'm glad you liked them.
Years ago a chef told me he never puts milk in scrambled eggs or an omelet, rather, he puts in a bit of water. (Sometimes I do this, too, especially if I am making an omelet. I never put milk.)
I use a non-stick pan when making eggs.
Also, I take them off the heat before they seem completely done; they do continue to cook a bit longer.
You can have them moist without them being mucus.
But Kinkytoes, I know what you mean about being busy with the rest of the breakfast while making the eggs; being a short order cook in the morning can get hectic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink