Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Deer 1 me 0

But, I'll be back

That's ok I've got burritos in the fridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 08:38 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Deer 1 me 0

But, I'll be back

That's ok I've got burritos in the fridge.
No deer not even a squirrel or a chipmunk either.......I hope you humanely terminated those burritos before you ate them

Old 09-29-2008, 12:42 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC64 View Post
No deer not even a squirrel or a chipmunk either.......I hope you humanely terminated those burritos before you ate them

Forgot my military issue heat packs so thinking quickly I stuck it on the coolant tank on my Diesel and it heated up the cheese to melting. Antifreeze burritoes are great

Haven't tried Chipmunks. I'd think you'd need some big #'s to fill you up.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,920,506 times
Speaking of meat...my sweetie and I went antique shopping yesterday and we ended up near a freakishly redneck restaurant. They had hog jowls on the menu, and so we ordered them just so we could see what they were. Oh... My... God... It was like a giant bowl full of thick bacon! My heart congealed just looking at it.

Yes, it was delicious.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:42 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Ok now easy, easy. I was doing great until I read the crawling part... I don't do snakes I don't care how good it is supposed to be. Nope, no interest. Just cut off another slice of ham or roast beef or let me have another fish fillet....I do have my limits. And for fruits & veggies bring them on too. From A to Z.

I agree with the snake thing. I just personally don't want to eat one! Pretty much any other kind of meat is fine with me! Husband threw some big ole juicy fillets on the grill over the weekend (along with some boneless chops and mild pork link sausage) and they were soooo good!

I personally love venison! Usually backstrap/tenderloin, cubed, and of course, ground. My BIL says he despises deermeat and can always tell the difference. He is not averse to eating it, he just says it is all gamy. WELL, I beg to differ since he sure loved my chili and texas hash casserole last time he was here! I may tell him one day!

Last edited by Katsmeeyow; 09-29-2008 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: can't spell today!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:26 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
WELL, I beg to differ since he sure loved my chili and texas hash casserole last time he was here! I may tell him one day!
I would wait a few years to tell him. Make sure he as some of it stuck to his ribs real good.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:28 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,116,892 times
I keep patties in the freezer and pickles, onions, cheese and lettuce in the fridge for those meat emergencies. It is so easy to just chuck a few patties on the grill and end up with some yummie burgers for dinner.

I'm all about choice I just can't stand it when people try and shove their choice down your throat.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM

431 posts, read 1,202,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
My BIL says he despises deermeat and can always tell the difference. He is not averse to eating it, he just says it is all gamy. WELL, I beg to differ since he sure loved my chili and texas hash casserole last time he was here! I may tell him one day!
I do the same with a friend of mine who can't stop telling me how much he hates mayo... but he loves my Russian Salad that is made with mayo.
My husband said not to to tell him the truth... I may tell him one day

One day I took about 8 lamb testicles to a BBQ party, to BBQ for myself... while everyone was talking how disgusting those are and how people could eat such a thing.
I placed them on the table only to discover that my oysters are disappearing one by one, I looked around and everyone had one in their plate. I guess they looked like steak and they were not paying attention.
Only one person said yuck... the rest admitted they are quite delicious.
At least now they can say they tried them.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Huh....those famous "mountain oysters"....never had 'em, but would love to try them one day.
I've heard, that they are delicious, if prepared right.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,173 times
Smile Tree grown nuts only

One day I took about 8 lamb testicles to a BBQ party, to BBQ for myself... while everyone was talking how disgusting those are and how people could eat such a thing.
I placed them on the table only to discover that my oysters are disappearing one by one, I looked around and everyone had one in their plate. I guess they looked like steak and they were not paying attention.
Only one person said yuck... the rest admitted they are quite delicious.
At least now they can say they tried them.[/quote]

You will rarely here me use the "V" word in any reference to myself, but when it comes to eating "nuts"; I am 100 % vegetarian. From the trees if you please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink