U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-10-2008, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 4,944 times

Advertisements

I use to work at a grocery store called Publix in the Deli part. There was this guy who was a big hulking black man named "Errol". When he would fry chicken in the deep fryer, he would sweat so profusely that the sweat from his head would bead off into the cooking oil as the chicken was going. I would walk by and could literally hear the sizzling noise of the sweat hitting the hot oil. Needless to say, I dont eat their chicken anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 06:42 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,321,764 times
Oh so gross!
I have more than a few:

A band-aid in my whopper.

A big black hair all twisted up in my whilte rice form a Chinese Takout.

Something that looked exactly like a mouse dropping, only MUCH larger in my white rice from a different Chinese Takeout.

Huge bunch of maggots in a box of spaghetti...only saw them after dumping the box in boiling water and seeing them all floating on the top, wiggling till 'done.'

A maggot squirming in the wrapper of a miniature Hershey bar that I had just eaten.

A cockroach belly up in a nice plate of nachos with all the fixins...

My worst experience by far....
While dining in a Perkins, we were seated near a kitchen door. I was facing the door. The entire time I was sitting there, I watched a man preparing food while scratching EVERY square inch of his body...he would take his hat off and 'scrub' his scalp with his bare hands, then put his hat back on, then his hand was up the back of his shirt...just a itching away....then the hand went down the back of his pants...the front of his pants....the front of his shirt. He was making bread bowl salads, ripping the letuce and the chicken with his bare hands....every now and then, popping a piece of stray chicken in his mouth. I didn't want to tell my family as their backs were faced against the doorway, but on the way out I did explain to the manager what I just saw.
not once in any of these occassions was I offered compensation for my trauma! Oh..I didn't have to pay for the nachos!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:32 PM

15,230 posts, read 25,308,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
i once ate dinner at a crappy chinese restaurant, and i had a soup(forget what it's called), and i found a HUGE fly, floating in the soup i literally brafed on the spot, i don't think i'll ever eat chinese again!
I think you had the "flied lice".

Old 02-10-2008, 09:24 PM

9,255 posts, read 7,901,000 times
I Love Pa - which Perkins ~ so I don't eat there, and can warn everyone I know. You are pretty close by me, you know!

I have had a soggy piece of french fry come up through my straw when drinking a soda,
and have bought canned potatos from Aldi's that had worms.

Oh, Ah - I Love Pa - did these other food place nightmares happen around here? I'm thinking about not eating out at all!

Skafanx did you ever watch Top Chef? We would cringe as we watched the chef named Howie sweat in everything he cooked. I was always expecting the judges to say...
"Hmm..it's a little too salty, Howie."

Old 02-10-2008, 09:41 PM

29,910 posts, read 5,492,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think you had the "flied lice".
lol, yea.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:38 PM

2,357 posts, read 337,304 times

I used to find these little furry worms up in the mountains, when I visited. Well, I found one in my Stouffer's Spinach Souflee about 10 or 15 years ago.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:42 PM

20,503 posts, read 6,163,460 times
In October my husband and I had some Chinese take-out from a place we always go but now has a new manager.
We got what we usually got and one of those items is egg foo yong...it was extremely chewy and went down really hard...sencond bite..I spit out and a huge hunk of plastic had been cooked inside the egg fo yong. I have had two hospital trips and a visit to the ear nose and throat guy...still having problems...I think it is still there!!!

I did go back to the restaurant and showed them the plastic still in the food.....they offered me a $20.00 gift card. That doesn't even cover my co-pays.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,154,542 times
I would rather eat a bug over finding someone's hair in my food. We don't eat out that often, b/c I don't trust people.

When I was married, our friends gave us a gift certificate to a really nice seafood restaurant. Well, I ordered fish and when it finally arrived, it looked so appetizing, I was just about to take a bite when I noticed something black sticking out from under the fish...ahhh...upon further inspection it was a long black hair all grilled into my piece of fish...oh gag...I just about lost it.

Speaking of chinese food, I once went to a place that offered me "Cats eye soup"...of course...I passed !

Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,321,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I Love Pa - which Perkins ~ so I don't eat there, and can warn everyone I know. You are pretty close by me, you know!

I have had a soggy piece of french fry come up through my straw when drinking a soda,
and have bought canned potatos from Aldi's that had worms.

Oh, Ah - I Love Pa - did these other food place nightmares happen around here? I'm thinking about not eating out at all!

Skafanx did you ever watch Top Chef? We would cringe as we watched the chef named Howie sweat in everything he cooked. I was always expecting the judges to say...
"Hmm..it's a little too salty, Howie."
Perkins.....Dickson City, but I must confess...it was a long time ago, I think the scratcher is gone by now!

LARGE mouse poop...The buffet in Hamlin...DON"T eat there...MANY people get sick there. My mother was hospitalized for food poisoning, among many other people.

Fresnos...Belly-up cockroach, and I SOOOOO loved Fresnos! I think I can get over that. If you think restaurants don't have cockroaches....you're kidding yourself. (I try to convince myself of that!)

Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 PM

7,065 posts, read 2,039,646 times
I've bitten down on a penny too. It was from a pizza delivered by Dominoes. That was the last time I got a pizza from that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink