Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,337,354 times

Advertisements

Grass fed beef, grilled Walla Walla Sweet onion, sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, and home grown tomato slice, with my secret sauce, of course, which is ketchup, mayo, mustard, dill relish, and a shot of sriracha chili garlic sauce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Black Angus lean beef, grill seasoning on whole wheat english muffins with mayo,ketchup, fried onions, tomato,pepper. Mac salad on the side.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:44 PM

424 posts, read 1,675,844 times
Basic burger...

1. Get a cast iron skillet REALLY hot...put in a little butter and throw in several onion slices...you want to cook them until they blacken basically.
2. Form a nice, thick meat patty from ground beef with enough fat in it to hold together...apply salt to both sides...throw it in the pan with the onions...since the pan is very hot it will sear nicely and leave the insde quite rare if you want it that way. Put a splatter screen over the pan and be sure to have your stove exhaust fan going...there will be plenty of smoke. At the same time take a good seeded bun or Kaiser roll that has previously been lightly toasted and put it on the splatter screen with the toasted side down...this will keep the bun warm and steam it a bit with the vapors coming from the pan...put a pie tin or lid over the buns if desired to facilitate even steaming
3 Remove hanburger when desired degree of doneness is achieved and remove onions when nicely blackend a bit. Remove buns when ready to assemble or if desired flip the buns and leave on the screen a bit longer, still covered, and apply sliced cheese if desired so it will melt nicely (I like Swiss, American, Gouda, or Provolone)
4. When ready to assemble, put onions and hamburger the bun or Kaiser roll (with or without cheese), and dress it as you desire. I like to add some sliced raw red onion, a good bit of mayonnaise, A-1 steak sauce, and a good bit of black pepper. Sometimes I go the ketchup and mustard route with slices of crispy SWEET pickle...still with mayonnaise but not A-1...almost always with cheese.

Basic variations...

1. Bacon...oh yeah...bacon and Swiss cheese with some grilled onions and mushrooms, too...a little mayonnaise, black pepper, and A-1
2. Chili and cheese with lots of raw and grilled onions with maybe some ketchup and a bit of hot sauce is another favorite.
3. Blue cheese, bacon crumbles, and dill pickle work nicely together.
4. My basic burger with a fried egg on top of the patty is another version I like.
5. Slaw on a burger is also good.
6. Some (battered) fried onion rings also are good if I have them available.

One thing I don't care for that much is sliced tomato on a hamburger. Lettuce is OK, but not required.

Side dishes I like are steak fries or shoestring french fries...regular cut ones with the skins still on are OK, too. Onion rings are always welcome. Good slaw (without a mayonnaise base) is ideal or some macaroni salad. Actually a good simple salad...maybe just a lettuce wedge and some dressing makes a good side.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,711,943 times
I like my burger cooked through, but still nice and juicy. I haven't mastered this and neither has my husband. So, it's usually hockey pucks (okay...almost hockey pucks - nice on the inside but too done outside) or else I'm eating only the edge to avoid the pink middle.

A nice slice of onion and a little ketchup with a good pickle on the side is all I need.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,928 times
I like your American hamburgers!!!!

I like hamburger well done with some slides of onion, tomatoes, lettuce and cheddar cheese!

Then...a big Chocolate brownie with whipped cream

Uhm..I'm hungry!!!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:49 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Bison burger, grilled. Medium.

Sesame seed bun lightly grilled.

Lettuce, tomato, chopped onions, pickels.

Swiss cheese.

Mayo on one side of the bun, ketchup and yellow mustard on the other.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:29 AM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
Grilled with any kind of cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, and, of course, hot green chile! (This is better known as the New Mexico green chile cheese burger)

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
Hmmmmm.....I love burgers! So many options and possibilities!

I love a regular burger -- grilled with cheddar cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, ketchup, mustard, mayo

I also love a burger with jalapeno and cream cheese........really delicious. Avocado or guacamole with onion and jalapeno is also tasty, as well as the burger with swiss cheese, sauteed onions and mushrooms. Blue cheese on a burger is great too! Oh yeah, and egg burgers and burgers with bbq sauce and onion rings on it......

Let's just say I will eat a burger with almost any combination of toppings!!

As for sides....I like fries or onion rings with ranch, cole slaw, baked beans......

Old 09-25-2008, 03:10 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,211 times
Burger, lettuce, mustard, ketchup, melted swiss, bacon, bbq sauce

Old 09-25-2008, 03:14 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
I once had to make hamburgers to go on the grill ( I was a guest), and could not find anything to season them with! I finally mixed in some creamy horseradish sauce (was all I could find!) The burgers were great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink