U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:44 PM

895 posts, read 2,185,582 times

Advertisements

For me I have to peel the skin off almost any fruit I eat.

I also eat my food in proportions, IE: If it is a 3 course meal, the last 3 bites are one of each serving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 05:47 PM

142 posts, read 390,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
I also eat my food in proportions, IE: If it is a 3 course meal, the last 3 bites are one of each serving.
OMG....I thought I was the only one who did this! LOL I do exactly the same thing with all my meals!!!!!

Did it today w/ lunch, for example...I have my sandwich, chips, pickle and potato salad. Everything is eaten evenly and when I'm done, I'm down to the last bite of everything! Too funny!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:01 PM

434 posts, read 803,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
For me I have to peel the skin off almost any fruit I eat.

Same here, but I only peel the skin of fuzzy fruits; peach, apricots, grapes (nut fuzzy but still) they all make my teeth hurt and gives me goose bumps

And yes the last 3 bites, must be one of each serving... I make sure while I eat to balance the bites.

My husband is so much wierd... he eats one serving at a time IE: salad first, mashed potatoes second and he finish with the meat he never mix them together.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:07 PM

10,100 posts, read 11,431,367 times
I don't like my food to touch on the plate.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:16 PM

131,621 posts, read 43,994,058 times
I don't peel it if I don't have to. I do peel such as an oranges or grapefruit. I don't take much more that the zest off of an orange. I like to eat skin and all of Irish type potatoes. I do wash thoroughly and remove bad spots but the peel is more flavor. Can't stand cooked bell pepper but give me them raw any day. I eat hot peppers raw, cooked, pickled, in sauces, etc. I'm only picky about a few foods and those I'm ultra picky over. I like beef stew but have not much use for vegetable beef soup with the same veggies only cut up smaller. Go figure. I eat in what ever order that strikes my fancy on any given day. The one thing I do is if there are food on my plate that I like less I eat them first and save the best for last. I've done that since grade school lunches.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,467,591 times
OK, just don't be calling any shrinks on me, alright? I admit, when I have potato chips, I set aside the ones that are whole, then eat the broken ones first, followed by the whole ones, starting with the smallest first, going up to the largest. If they happen to be kettle chips, I also sort by crunchiness. For example, those that are folded over or brown are crunchier than the others, so those get eaten last.

I guess I save my favorite of any meal for last because we were taught to clean our plates, so I ate the stuff I didn't like first to make it easier on me.

I feel so much better now!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM

434 posts, read 803,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
OK, just don't be calling any shrinks on me, alright? I admit, when I have potato chips, I set aside the ones that are whole, then eat the broken ones first, followed by the whole ones, starting with the smallest first, going up to the largest. If they happen to be kettle chips, I also sort by crunchiness. For example, those that are folded over or brown are crunchier than the others, so those get eaten last.

I guess I save my favorite of any meal for last because we were taught to clean our plates, so I ate the stuff I didn't like first to make it easier on me.

I feel so much better now!
I'm not laughing at you but it was so funny the way you wrote it.

I say, you take 2 hours to select what you can eat in 5 minutes and they all go in the same place, crunched, hihihi

Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 13,795,844 times
OMG NMS-are we twins!!!!!????????

Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,467,591 times
Lacey, I think we might be...

Hey, C....now, don't you be ROFLOL on me, girl. I can hurt you! ;p

Old 09-24-2008, 06:59 PM

4,891 posts, read 12,114,847 times
i do the eating everything evenly thing too
my DH hates butter, milk and anything creamy (heavy cream etc) , but will eat ice cream and cheese all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink